OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
The Dowie

UEFA considering international leagues

Another question for GSpain ,do the southern support accept the Nordie support.?

Or do they carry baggage?,eg (singing wrong songs etc) ,

I take it they're more anti Norn Irish than the place they come from ? Lol

Another question for GSpain ,do the southern support accept the Nordie support.?

Or do they carry baggage?,eg (singing wrong songs etc) ,

I take it they're more anti Norn Irish than the place they come from ? Lol

What's the quota with the Nordie support,I guess the would outnumber the London support,

I'm led to believe you're vocal support comes from the Nordies ?

Hard to give an accurate assessment of the percentage as the FAI have never given a breakdown as to location of season ticket holders or away support. However it is certainly significant. It also grew significantly when our support in the RoI was dropping in the late 90's. They would also make up a significant percentage of our younger more vocal support.

Indeed the majority of coaches I see at home games have NI registrations. Although some of that is down to better organisation and more supporters clubs.

They would far outnumber the London SC at home games but not by such a margin at away games.

There have been issues with acceptance although you'd need to ask them for a better idea of that. There haven't been issues with certain songs at games but in pubs abroad definitely.

It is a fascinating topic although a sensitive one for many as well.

Hard to give an accurate assessment of the percentage as the FAI have never given a breakdown as to location of season ticket

Hard to give an accurate assessment of the percentage as the FAI have never given a breakdown as to location of season ticket holders or away support. However it is certainly significant. It also grew significantly when our support in the RoI was dropping in the late 90's. They would also make up a significant percentage of our younger more vocal support.

Indeed the majority of coaches I see at home games have NI registrations. Although some of that is down to better organisation and more supporters clubs.

They would far outnumber the London SC at home games but not by such a margin at away games.

There have been issues with acceptance although you'd need to ask them for a better idea of that. There haven't been issues with certain songs at games but in pubs abroad definitely.

It is a fascinating topic although a sensitive one for many as well.

Hard to give an accurate assessment of the percentage as the FAI have never given a breakdown as to location of season ticket

Very diplomatic

As things currently stand (stress), we are ranked in League C:

LEAGUE C (teams to be split into one group of three, and three groups of four)
Northern Ireland, Romania, Czech Republic, Turkey, Albania, Denmark, Montenegro, Serbia, Bulgaria, Scotland, Norway, Lithuania, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, Finland

However, since we are top of that Group, a good finish between now and November could well see us end up in League B - currently Netherlands, Russia, Iceland, Hungary, Wales, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sweden, Greece, Slovakia, Austria, Israel, Slovenia (four Groups of three teams).

Meanwhile, our Southern Chums are in League A, but considering they are 11th (of 12), poor results for them could see them end up in League B.

2406558_w1.jpg

More here: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/newsid=2437695.html

Will the step up be worth it? Are there any benefits? I'd rather play against league C and get some wins instead of being outclassed in B.

Will the step up be worth it? Are there any benefits?

No benefits at all.

In fact, given that Euro qualification is at stake, it could be worth a teams while to throw a game so they would remain in a lower league.

Difficult questions to address. Seemed like honest answers.

I spoke to a few Republic supporters in Paris during the summer who know Gary and who couldn't speak highly enough of him therefore I will take what he says as his honest views.

He continually posts on here with sensible input and is a mine of information for away trips - just wish there were a few more like him.

I spoke to a few Republic supporters in Paris during the summer who know Gary and who couldn't speak highly enough of him therefore I will take what he says as his honest views.

He continually posts on here with sensible input and is a mine of information for away trips - just wish there were a few more like him.

I'll second. That Stephen injoy reading his posts

Did you know that his IL team is Linfield?

:biggrin::music:

Did you know that his IL team is Linfield?

:biggrin::music:

I'd like to point out that this is not true and you will be hearing from my solicitors Messrs Sue Grabbitt & Runne.

Being called a Linfield fan should be good for a few million :biggrin:

I enjoy going to Irish League football but don't really have a team.

I'd like to point out that this is not true and you will be hearing from my solicitors Messrs Sue Grabbitt & Runne.

Being called a Linfield fan should be good for a few million :biggrin:

I enjoy going to Irish League football but don't really have a team.

:biggrin:

You told me it was your Irish League Team of Choice!! ;) Don't be bowing down to that Rowley scoundrel who is probably now supporting Carrick Rangers after the weekend he has had!! :biggrin: