OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
The Dowie

UEFA considering international leagues

Only two games for the nations league, could be treated as one offs or have a block booking for those two and another for the other qualifiers.

My guess would be two BBs. Of course we're dealing with the IFA here, so who knows?

The pots for the Nations League have been determined:

League B

Pot 1: Austria, Wales, Russia, Slovakia
Pot 2: Sweden, Ukraine, Republic of Ireland, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Pot 3: Northern Ireland, Denmark, Czech Republic, Turkey

• Teams will be split into four groups of three.
  • Due to a decision of the UEFA Executive Committee, Russia and Ukraine cannot be draw in the same group.
  • The four group winners are promoted to League A, with the four sides that finish bottom relegated to League C for the next competition to be played in 2020.
  • The top four ranked teams that do not qualify for UEFA EURO 2020 will enter a play-off in March 2020, with one finals place on offer.

2525078_w1.jpg

More at: http://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2522564.html#/

Russia (So we can keep singing the song a bit longer) and Bosnia for me 

On 07/12/2017 at 10:53 PM, BringBackShaggy said:

Cheap too...Austria and Bosnia Herzegovina for me.

This please. 

1 hour ago, buckfast_kid said:

Does anyone know the details of the draw and will it be on TV anywhere?

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2522564.html#/

24th Jan is the draw. No mention of if it will be televised. I am sure UEFA will do a live stream.

I see that the matches themselves will be on Sky. This is, I think, the first time that England competitive matches will be on terrestrial TV. Although I work for Sky and get Sports for free, I think it is a shame that the matches are put out of the reach of people who don't subscribe (or fiddle with Kodi) or else it drives them into the pub to watch, which is not what sport is about.

1 hour ago, J'hova said:

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2522564.html#/

24th Jan is the draw. No mention of if it will be televised. I am sure UEFA will do a live stream.

Anyone any idea of the time?  Over in Glasgow for Aberdeen match that day and wouldn't mind watching it somewhere if possible.

10 hours ago, buckfast_kid said:

Anyone any idea of the time?  Over in Glasgow for Aberdeen match that day and wouldn't mind watching it somewhere if possible.

Live on SSN at 11am and probably 5 live

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/a/38635629/when-is-the-uefa-nations-league-draw-pots-seeding-everything-you-need-to-know/

How can I watch the UEFA Nations League draw?

The Nations League draw can be streamed live online at UEFA's official website, uefa.com, with updates to be provided on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram too.

In the UK, Sky Sports has the rights to UEFA Nations League matches for England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, so the draw is likely to be broadcast on its TV channels.

Was reading up on this as I had somehow let it all bypass me a little. Can someone enlighten me if I'm wrong here - on 24th January we are in with a 25% chance of the nightmare scenario of drawing ROI in home & away competitive fixtures? My follow up question is; does anyone know of any big rocks suitable for hiding under for long periods?

Yep, and a 25% chance our other opponent will be Bales. Would prefer Sweden Austria myself.

If we happened to top our group we'd be in with the big boys next time, which is quite an incentive.