OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
The Dowie

UEFA considering international leagues

So only a 6.25% of getting Bales and the Republic (if I've remembered how to calculate probability correctly). But somehow this is how I think it'll end up.

If I was able to go to the games (extremely low probability of that!) I'd like Russia and Ukraine seeing as those are the only countries in our section I haven't been to (apart from Turkey which we can't get).

From a results point of view, maybe Wales and Bosnia Herzegovina?

Under no circumstances would I want the Republic - even if we thrashed them it would turn out bad.

Austria and B-H for me Clive.

Hate hate hate playing Wales but would play them 100 times over those other c**ts.

56 minutes ago, richboy said:

So only a 6.25% of getting Bales and the Republic (if I've remembered how to calculate probability correctly). But somehow this is how I think it'll end up.

If I was able to go to the games (extremely low probability of that!) I'd like Russia and Ukraine seeing as those are the only countries in our section I haven't been to (apart from Turkey which we can't get).

From a results point of view, maybe Wales and Bosnia Herzegovina?

Under no circumstances would I want the Republic - even if we thrashed them it would turn out bad.

Russia and the Ukraine cannot play each other so that won't happen.

7 hours ago, hughes18 said:

Austria and B-H for me Clive.

Ukraine and B-H for me.

7 hours ago, hughes18 said:

Hate hate hate playing Wales but would play them 100 times over those other c**ts.

With you on that.

1 hour ago, EalingGreen said:

Ukraine and B-H for me.

With you on that.

Ukraine and Bosnia are in same pot so that can't happen.

Wales and Bosnia for me, really want to go to Bosnia and Wales be cheap enough to do both.  Wouldn't want Russia so close to the WC finishing I can't see them having much interest.

Only ones I can't be arsed with is Sweden and Russia really.

13 hours ago, buckfast_kid said:

Ukraine and Bosnia are in same pot so that can't happen.

Wales and Bosnia for me, really want to go to Bosnia and Wales be cheap enough to do both.  Wouldn't want Russia so close to the WC finishing I can't see them having much interest.

Only ones I can't be arsed with is Sweden and Russia really.

You do know its now gonna be Sweden and Russia now you ve said that lol. Take anyone from pot 1 bar russia as will be pain in arse with visas

9 minutes ago, buckfast_kid said:

Very little chat about this, it feels like I am the only one excited by this draw!

Always look forward to a draw, but I think Michael's contract situation has deflected our attention this time round.

Anybody but the Republic will do me.

Just watched a video which is supposed to explain all this ... lets just say I am still a little confused around the whole Euro 2020 qualifying part of this!

So the top four teams in each league who have not qualified go into a playoff to win a space each?  Say there were only two League A teams who do not qualify through the normal qualifiers, does that mean that the two highest ranked league B teams are then in a play-off with the two League A teams?  Hardly seems fair on the League B teams as I guess they will be the 'lower seeds' as opposed to being the 'higher seeds' if they were playing other Leagues B teams?

And given that there are 20 qualifiers from Euro 2020, the likelihood is that most of the top two leagues will qualify and the 16 teams in the playoffs will be from League C / D.

Or have I completely got the wrong end of the stick here!!!

(BTW I appreciate this is probably all answered in the previous 18 pages of discussions ....)

2 hours ago, Nigel82 said:

Just watched a video which is supposed to explain all this ... lets just say I am still a little confused around the whole Euro 2020 qualifying part of this!

So the top four teams in each league who have not qualified go into a playoff to win a space each?  Say there were only two League A teams who do not qualify through the normal qualifiers, does that mean that the two highest ranked league B teams are then in a play-off with the two League A teams?  Hardly seems fair on the League B teams as I guess they will be the 'lower seeds' as opposed to being the 'higher seeds' if they were playing other Leagues B teams?

And given that there are 20 qualifiers from Euro 2020, the likelihood is that most of the top two leagues will qualify and the 16 teams in the playoffs will be from League C / D.

Or have I completely got the wrong end of the stick here!!!

(BTW I appreciate this is probably all answered in the previous 18 pages of discussions ....)

If you want to wade through this it has plenty of scenarios

http://files.footballseeding.com/200002130-9283c937e4/UNL media briefing PDF version.pdf

However in answer to your question once 16 of the 20 qualifiers come from League A and League B (very good chance) then NI are guaranteed a playoff if they don't qualify.  

Now there is a scenario in the doc where 2 League A teams fail to qualify and one drops to the League B playoffs. 

Finishing first in your mini group guarantees a playoff (if you don't qualify otherwise).  Finishing 2nd all but guarantees one barring some sensational results in qualifying. 

In general I think all the countries in League B (or maybe all bar 1 or maybe 2) will either have qualified for 2020 or still be in with a shout in March 2020.  

No one I know wants to draw RoI and\or Wales in this.

Yet, there's an IFA poll on Twiter for each group - 68% want the RoI in one group, 62% want Wales from the other...

2 minutes ago, Richardh said:

No one I know wants to draw RoI and\or Wales in this.

Yet, there's an IFA poll on Twiter for each group - 68% want the RoI in one group, 62% want Wales from the other...

'No one I know' being the key phrase. There are multitudes of people who call themselves NI 'supporters' that I wouldn't want to know. Starting with anyone who voted for ROI in that group! Wales wouldn't bother me too much...a wee chance for revenge, perhaps.

21 minutes ago, P.McCarroll said:

'No one I know' being the key phrase. There are multitudes of people who call themselves NI 'supporters' that I wouldn't want to know. Starting with anyone who voted for ROI in that group! Wales wouldn't bother me too much...a wee chance for revenge, perhaps.

If the poll said :

Would you prefer a) a Northern Ireland win or (b)  get blocked, shout yeooww for 90 minutes and get home with no recollection of the score, (b) would likely still win with 60 odd percent. 

I'd like Ukraine or Bosnia but annual leave is already tight for the aways. 

we fear no-one, saying that there are some teams preferred not to meet