OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
The Dowie

UEFA considering international leagues

51 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

we fear no-one,

Speak for yourself Chopper. I've a yellow streak down my back the width of the M2 (the foreshore bit). That means I'm going to no Bosnia. They're all nuts.

Slovakia and Austria for me. Wouldn't mind Hungary either 

8 minutes ago, espana82 said:

Slovakia and Austria for me. Wouldn't mind Hungary either 

Slovakia and Austria are in the same pot. Hungary are in another league. Fingers crossed for Austria and Bosnia Herzegovina.

6 minutes ago, BringBackShaggy said:

Slovakia and Austria are in the same pot. Hungary are in another league. Fingers crossed for Austria and Bosnia Herzegovina.

Sorry I was looking at out of date nation league pots draw table. Austria and Bosnia too then for me

Question ? As the Nations League  is competitive as opposed to 'friendlies' I assume that players involved are therefore tied to us.  All the more reason, therefore, to involve Smyth, Lewis etc if considered up to international standard 

Really hoping for Austria and Bosnia. 

Getting ROI would be a disaster if I'm being honest. I dont mind getting Wales.

Though I know it will be typical for us to get one of Ukraine or Russia which would be a nightmare in terms of travel/work holidays/expense etc for me.

Anyone but the Republic, the crap surrounding the games would just go into overdrive and bring out all the wrong types wanting to go and cause trouble.

8 hours ago, forty plus said:

Question ? As the Nations League  is competitive as opposed to 'friendlies' I assume that players involved are therefore tied to us.  All the more reason, therefore, to involve Smyth, Lewis etc if considered up to international standard 

I've had a look through some of the regulations this morning and there's nothing definitive. FIFA player eligibility rules refer to players being tied after making any sort of appearance (full or sub) for the 'A team' in an 'official competition'.

UEFA keep referring to the NL as 'competitive matches' so I would assume anyone who plays is tied in the same way they would be if the played a Euro or WC qualifier.

7 minutes ago, Richardh said:

Do we get the fixtures and dates confirmed today too? 

Fixtures and dates by 5pm Wales have supposedly told their fans. Dunno if that includes actual cities/stadia.

32 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Fixtures and dates by 5pm Wales have supposedly told their fans. Dunno if that includes actual cities/stadia.

Dates will do for me, wouldn't expect the venues straight away anyway. 

36 minutes ago, Richardh said:

Do we get the fixtures and dates confirmed today too? 

BBC says draw @ 11, fixtures "from" 3. Credit card at the ready :)

Anyone have a wee link to watch today's draw??

1 minute ago, espana82 said:

Anyone have a wee link to watch today's draw??

I'm assuming it will be live on uefa.com - would be very surprised if it wasn't.