OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
The Dowie

UEFA considering international leagues

Just now, chopper1 said:

Wasn't it 4-3 against Austria the last time we payed them at home and i think Michael scored?

It was the 3-3 draw at home where Alex Manninger went further than the ball into the net as we scored a last minute equaliser at the Kop End in 2004

6 minutes ago, lisbellawloyal said:

It was the 3-3 draw at home where Alex Manninger went further than the ball into the net as we scored a last minute equaliser at the Kop End in 2004

cheers LBW it  was  November 1995 MON did score  5-3 cracking game

Last time we played them, wasn't it Stuart Elliot who put Manningtree and ball in...... 2004?

Just now, RichardM said:

Last time we played them, wasn't it Stuart Elliot who put Manningtree and ball in...... 2004?

Manninger

7 hours ago, KCNI said:

Austria rarely get anywhere near full capacity. The last time they got a big crowd (48,500) was against RoI in November 2016. 42k against Serbia, 13k v Georgia and 21k v Moldova. I reckon if we need more tickets beyond our 5k allocation, we'll get them. 

About 10k the last time I saw us play there and there certainly was no problem with our allocation - OK it was ''82 🙄

I was hoping for Austria so happy enough and Bosnia would be a first.

1 hour ago, P.McCarroll said:

You happy with your (other) draw Gary? ;)

No awful draw - didn't want Denmark again.  Glad to avoid Russia but would have preferred Austria or Slovakia to Wales.

Just be aware Austria may play outside Vienna.     

2 minutes ago, gspain said:

Just be aware Austria may play outside Vienna.     

What makes you think that?

49 minutes ago, lisbellawloyal said:

Can't see Austria selling out 50,000 against us. We aren't exactly a big crowd puller. You'd envisage about 4,000 travelling, less so to Bosnia given the travelling issues/difficulties.

The last time we played them in the Ernst Heppel Stadium for a competitive game it was about 1/3 full.

50 minutes ago, KCNI said:

Austria rarely get anywhere near full capacity. The last time they got a big crowd (48,500) was against RoI in November 2016. 42k against Serbia, 13k v Georgia and 21k v Moldova. I reckon if we need more tickets beyond our 5k allocation, we'll get them. 

Our allocation probably won't be 5k. Away allocations are 'a minimum of 5%' for the NL. If they play at Ernst-Happel-Stadion in Vienna then 5% of 50,865 = 2,543.

11 minutes ago, KCNI said:

What makes you think that?

In recent years almost all the competitive games have been in Vienna but they may use these games as a chance to move around.  Nothing to base it on really just a thought.  Hard to see these games being a big draw and they may decide to move them around the country.  

2 hours ago, P.McCarroll said:

Great draw! When it was 50/50 we'd get the Republic I was honestly watching it through my hands. I genuinely think that was a pivotal moment for our team. We just don't need the hassle #GAWA

I think the IFA should be making the case with UEFA that we cannot be drawn against them like Spain / Gibralta, Russia / Ukraine, etc. 

1 hour ago, J.Q. said:

How did Holland get into pot above us ? 

This is based on UEFA coefficient, which is different to FIFA rankings. The ROI are also above us in UEFA rankings, but below us in FIFA rankings if memory serves me correctly. 

1 hour ago, lisbellawloyal said:

Can't see Austria selling out 50,000 against us. We aren't exactly a big crowd puller. You'd envisage about 4,000 travelling, less so to Bosnia given the travelling issues/difficulties.

4,000?! Seriously?! I would be amazed if we brought anywhere near 2,000 to Vienna outside of school holidays. 

7 minutes ago, gspain said:

In recent years almost all the competitive games have been in Vienna but they may use these games as a chance to move around.  Nothing to base it on really just a thought.  Hard to see these games being a big draw and they may decide to move them around the country.  

It's a fairly accessible country so ticket allocation may be less in a smaller city, but there shouldn't be anywhere difficult to get to.

Would love to get to Bosnia, not long back from Serbia and had a great time.  Without wishing to cause a diplomatic incident, I would expect more of the same in Bosnia - i.e. big plates of hearty grub, strong drink and decent sightseeing.

And yeah it was Elliott on Manninger that night.  I think it was the vening the News of the World handed out those free t shirts after the Lennon newspaper article debacle which slandered some of our fans.