OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
marksyGAWA

Flights!!

Heard that Ryanair bumped up their prices for all possible playoff routes the day before the draw !!

They certainly had jumped when I looked after the draw but before the dates were out, I had assumed some people had just chanced it

Heard that Ryanair bumped up their prices for all possible playoff routes the day before the draw !!

They certainly had jumped when I looked after the draw but before the dates were out, I had assumed some people had just chanced it

I chanced it, now have a couple of free days in Basel....

2.50 euros to hold a Ryanair flight for 24 hours. I booked 13 flights on Monday evening.

2.50 euros to hold a Ryanair flight for 24 hours. I booked 13 flights on Monday evening.

That'll be it then. Any of those work out for you?

Still possible to fly to Paris, train to Basel, and fly back Basel-Dublin via Brussels for less than £150 when I checked last night. Saturday - Monday.

Wish I'd thought of that before booking train back to Paris again!

Is everyone letting on they diddn't know about the ryanair 24 hr flight change thingy? :biggrin:

Is everyone letting on they diddn't know about the ryanair 24 hr flight change thingy? :biggrin:

I booked my preferred BA flight on the basis of a £5/24 hour "hold" fee, then confirmed.

And you don't have to mix with those common Ryanair types, either... :tongue2:

Not me. I'd never heard of it.

Not me. I'd never heard of it.

Nor me but I did see something on their website when checking flights, something about holding 6 flights but i never read any further

That'll be it then. Any of those work out for you?

Yes 2 of them worked perfectly. Less than 80 euro for Dublin to Copenhagen (Fri) and Basel to Dublin (Mon). Add in the 13 x 2.50 and still cheap. Copenhagen to Zurich is 170 euro though. I assume half of UEFA/FIFA will be on that flight. Unfortunately they would have booked all their flights before releasing the dates. I had almost all options covered. The fixtures fell perfectly for me.

Well worth remembering for the World Cup draw in December. Plenty of airlines allow you hold a fare for 24 hours.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this