OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
McFaggen

Ticket Fiasco

We have 12,000 CC holders (or 14k?).

Anyhow for the sake of argument, 12,000 leaves approx 6,000 tickets to go on general sale.

It shouldn't make any difference to the IFA whether they send a block of 1,800 tickets to Zurich or 900.

And thereafter, whether Ticketmaster sell 6,000 tickets to home fans or 5,100 shouldn't make a blind bit of difference either.

It would get the IFA out of the problem they've caused themselves with the most ardent fans, since 3,800 should satisfy the travelling support (just about).

And if any "home" fan complained he/she couldn't get a ticket for Windsor, the obvious answer is: "You should have bought a Campaign Card then"

Go on you selfish b*st*rd :sarcastic:

I have to agree with you but it ain't going to happen and you, me and the dog in the street knows that unfortunately.

How did we do?

Was watching the Spurs match in the pub so didn't have much time. I e-mailed them about the dates. I was going to ask them what the results were, but I (correctly) didn't expect a reply. I didn't get a response to my E-mail about the dates but later received an E-mail with the dates changed to November.

To be fair, they may have changed the dates as a result of someone (many!) contacting them before me.

Theres probably issues with segregation as well though. Plus its not just a matter of saying theres x number of block bookers so theres y number of seats available. Where are the spare seats? If theyre not in a block it will involve moving block bookers to accommodate. Im not saying they shouldnt do this I just dont think they will because itll cause the IFA hassle and we know they dont like that.

Segregation?

This is the Swiss we're talking about here!

Anyhow, where's a will(iam Tell), there's a way.

Do the east stand (railway end) have any block bookers or is that the family section? If not give them some of that.

Yes they have block bookers, very few seats from there go on general sale.

Yes they have block bookers, very few seats from there go on general sale.

Jim do you know are the 6000 public sale tickets throughout the ground including the kop or are there blocks that are mostly general sale?

Jim do you know are the 6000 public sale tickets throughout the ground including the kop or are there blocks that are mostly general sale?

I can never tell from the general sale as people are just offered the number of seats they apply for, if they manage to get through the system in the one minute after 10.00am that they are available!! But I get Linfield ones in blocks in the South stand (East side) if I am up at Windsor early enough on the day they go on sale.

I imagine that the spare seats are spread throughout all the stands rather than a block free which might be allocated to an away support.

Re your bold, I've heard from somebody who is NOT a spoofer, and whose original source in Switzerland is certain, that the Swiss FA are offering the IFA 10% of the stadium in Basel - if we offer them 10% of Windsor in return.

Not having heard it directly from the Swiss FA myself, I can't say that that is definitely correct (I do believe it, mind), but if they have problems selling out vs "small" teams like us, it would certainly make sense.

And if the IFA were to take them up on it, then it would get them out of the mess that they've made of the away allocation.

But will the IFA take them up on it?

I have ZERO confidence that they will, simply because, well, they're the IFA - totally useless. :thumbdown:

I hope not.

The fewer fans they bring, the better. It'll make the atmosphere in Windsor more hostile.

I hope not.

The fewer fans they bring, the better. It'll make the atmosphere in Windsor more hostile.

Guess who can't get away to Basel!!

:biggrin:

It works both ways... :rolleyes:

Rollin' eyes dissent within the troops, GPJim, think that merits one kneecapping from the WWNISC Nuttin' Squad!!

:ph34r::ph34r:

It works both ways... :rolleyes:

The atmosphere at Windsor is something special. We all know that and it's often talked about. I've no doubt that special atmosphere has played a role in the team's success. I don't want to see that diminished, and I certainly don't want the Swiss getting a lift from their support.

Rollin' eyes dissent within the troops, GPJim, think that merits one kneecapping from the WWNISC Nuttin' Squad!!

:ph34r::ph34r:

These 19.7 upstarts are getting above their station. :biggrin:

These 19.7 upstarts are getting above their station. :biggrin:

Sitting here compiling my case to the IFA to get EG his away ticket and the hardest decision is who from that list of people employed by the IFA do I leave out of the circulation list, rather than who I include in it!!

Reckon some of the school's coaches don't need included as they'll only be around to March 2018!!*

* Only joking Patrick if you're reading this!! :crying:

Should we be worried that we didn't receive an email outlining our points? Our group is sitting at 21 points each by our calculations of what has been bought through that account. But haven't received any word from the IFA to confirm that yet.

Should we be worried that we didn't receive an email outlining our points? Our group is sitting at 21 points each by our calculations of what has been bought through that account. But haven't received any word from the IFA to confirm that yet.

Right, that's your lot out of the equation - we're getting through them rightly!!

I spoke to a good friend of mine earlier and he hadn't received his either - I have to say you are the only two that I have heard of although I'm sure they are hundreds more.

Hope both of you get sorted - I think he's booking flights in the morning anyway even though he only has about seventeen points.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this