OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
McFaggen

Ticket Fiasco

Yes the newsletter and the amalgamation seem very happy. "A loyalty points system has been put in place by the IFA and a table showing the various numbers of points has been published by them. That is something we have pushed them very hard on."

?

Thats alright then, dont know why we were all so pisssed off. Put a loyalty scheme in place after the event based on the limited information available held. Feel so much better now.

Anything in the Newsletter today about our discontent after their journalist contacted some here?

Can I ask why the amalgamation would agree to a scheme whereby club points averaged out and therefore penalising fans that do more trips and makes it pointless/penalising being part of a club. Can't get my head around it?

Can I ask why the amalgamation would agree to a scheme whereby club points averaged out and therefore penalising fans that do more trips and makes it pointless/penalising being part of a club. Can't get my head around it?

I'm sure Gary will comment further but he did say yesterday that the block booking member division tactic was added into the plan at the last minute by the IFA (which seems even more ridiculous). Also perhaps those comments in yesterdays Newsletter where taken before that final plan was fully known and the extent of the mayhem it was going to cause became clear

I'm sure Gary will comment further but he did say yesterday that the block booking member division tactic was added into the plan at the last minute by the IFA (which seems even more ridiculous). Also perhaps those comments in yesterdays Newsletter where taken before that final plan was fully known and the extent of the mayhem it was going to cause became clear

Indeed. It's an ongoing conversation.

Bear in mind that we're volunteers also trying to do a day job at the same time. Also, it's not always easy to judge the impact immediately.

Ticketing does require a long term fix and bearing in mind people's perception of the IFA, trying to get the desired outcome isn't always as easy as you would like it to be.

Indeed. It's an ongoing conversation.

Bear in mind that we're volunteers also trying to do a day job at the same time. Also, it's not always easy to judge the impact immediately.

Ticketing does require a long term fix and bearing in mind people's perception of the IFA, trying to get the desired outcome isn't always as easy as you would like it to be.

We are all appreciative of the efforts volunteers make but the long term ticketing strategy shouldnt need led by volunteers/supporters.

We have a ticketing department at the National Stadium which couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery

'I'm sure Gary will comment further but he did say yesterday that the block booking member division tactic was added into the plan at the last minute by the IFA (which seems even more ridiculous). Also perhaps those comments in yesterdays Newsletter where taken before that final plan was fully known and the extent of the mayhem it was going to cause became clear'

This makes sense then as knowing the guys in amalgamation do their best and would not agree to such a ridiculous system which clearly would penalise the more loyal supporters and in particular those that are members of clubs. But going forward I will be looking to take my ticket out of the club into my own control and then brings into question my reasoning for being in the club!

Yes many people will now take control of their own home/away tickets from clubs and BB groups which will cause a bigger strain on the IFA. They should have created a proper scheme and Nelson said it would be done after the Euro's fiasco, they had plenty of time and time to consult with not just the amalgamation.

A placement student could have gone in there and figured it out for-goodness-sake.

Anything in the Newsletter today about our discontent after their journalist contacted some here?

There was a line in an article.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this