OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny

Switzerland's Recent Form

We played 4 at the back v Czech. I'd rather that shape than the 5 at the back we started with v Germany

that would depend on whether Hughes is fit for 3 centre backs

He might well but I'd still prefer 4 at the back

Agree. Five at the back exposes the full backs defensively, leaves them one v one way too often. I've no idea how the Swiss play though.

Yeah, Xhaka wan't even booked.

thats interesting not according to the match report

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41547438

they did have a couple of yellow cards maybe they will be missing?

There was an Our Wee Country Facebook post that listed how many players were on a yellow card for the 4 seeded teams. For Switzerland, it said they have 7 players on a yellow card. They are Mehmedi, Dzemaili, Lang, Rodriguez, Fernandes, Frueler and Zakaria.

Four of those started their last game - Mehmedi, Dzemaili, Rodriguez and Frueler.

Agree. Five at the back exposes the full backs defensively, leaves them one v one way too often. I've no idea how the Swiss play though.

From their win away to Hungary:

https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/785060166504943616

They'll threaten to use those attacking fullbacks to stretch us, but with their midfield being kept fairly narrow, that's where the possession will be.

We need to pressure them in the home leg and play with a back 4, as that's when we're at our best. Can see us going with a 5 in the away game though to counter the pressure.

I'm pretty confident MON will have them well sussed out come Nov 9th and set the team out to do the job home and away!!

Just keep Hodson away at all costs and we'll be fine :2nil:

agree thats a must

Shakiri has a sprained ankle may be a doubt

beat me too it Richard !

Although Hughes added: It's more significant than we initially thought. We are not saying it's going to be weeks and weeks, but he might not be available to play this weekend."

Xerdhan Shaquiri has a bad ankle sprain, could be out for a while but not sure how long.

Shaquiri?

Has anyone ever seen him and Harry Enfield in the same room?

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, Xhaka wan't even booked.

thats interesting not according to the match report

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41547438

they did have a couple of yellow cards maybe they will be missing?

There was an Our Wee Country Facebook post that listed how many players were on a yellow card for the 4 seeded teams. For Switzerland, it said they have 7 players on a yellow card. They are Mehmedi, Dzemaili, Lang, Rodriguez, Fernandes, Frueler and Zakaria.

Four of those started their last game - Mehmedi, Dzemaili, Rodriguez and Frueler.

Aye that was my calculation of suspensions that Marty posted on Bakebook. I think the confusion with Xhaka is because he was sent off in the first game of Switzerland's campaign vs Portugal when the won, not the second. So his suspension has been served.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this