OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny

Accommodation in Basle

Where's everyone staying in Basel/Basle?

I have booked into the Backpacker Hostel into a mixed dorm for the Sunday night (might also do the Saturday there or night train it from Frankfurt) - no idea how dear Basle is but it was £27 for the night - so I thought that seemed OK and might go up so I booked it - will save money as you can "carryout loyal" in the hostel bar:

Backpack Cafe & Bar
In the public area of the hostel there is a Cafe and Bar with a lounge and a spacious oudoor terasse where hostel guests and local people meet. We serve coffees, teas and a range of softdrinks, beer and wine.

· As a hostel guest you can consume your own food and beverages in the Backpack Cafe and Bar.

Looks like a great option, so if any others book into a hostel dorm, most of us might be GAWA that night, and would be good to take over the backpackers bar with GAWA since we can take in a carryout no sweat:

http://www.baselbackpack.com/?lang=en

Basel BackPack - urban hostel culture
Dornacherstr. 192 | CH-4053 Basel | Switzerland
Tel +41 (0)61 333 00 37 | Fax +41 (0)61 333 00 39
info@baselbackpack.com | www.baselbackpack.com

6 of us booked into Ibis Basel Bahnhof. I think bahnhof means train station or something similar. It's 4 mins walk from station. We have a 6.30 train to get on Monday morning so wanted to be as close as possible. £35 a night each which was dead on.

No Andy, that's for the Bangor ones :clapping:

You're right Stephen, that's why I also booked into the BACK packers. I fear the entrance is through a passage... :biggrin:

4 of us in Ibis Budget

Four more of us in there. Maybe there'll be a bar nearby where we can all go to watch the match....

Would love it if there were 5 - 6,000 of us there. Imagine when the final whistle goes and we qualify. Some party!!!

I'd rather be in Basle and not at the game than anywhere else. Don't you all think?

Get er booked everyone IFA ticket fiasco regardless!!!

Would love it if there were 5 - 6,000 of us there. Imagine when the final whistle goes and we qualify. Some party!!!

I'd rather be in Basle and not at the game than anywhere else. Don't you all think?

Get er booked everyone IFA ticket fiasco regardless!!!

Correct Jonny although our flight back to Gatwick at 06.55 could be interesting (at least when we all arrived for the flight the morning after the 1-0 win in Valencia

we were ALL blocked and they had to let us on :shout:).

I'm prepared to take the risk mind you!

Correct Jonny although our flight back to Gatwick at 06.55 could be interesting (at least when we all arrived for the flight the morning after the 1-0 win in Valencia

I'm prepared to take the risk mind you!

You had a flight the next day? Seems a good omen then. Play John Motson:

"Conor Washington, what a worker he is, striding away there with Magennis to his right. Stuarty Dallas up on the far side of the area. Still Josh Magennis he's got past Lichtsteiner, and Sommer...WASHINGTON!"

Me and a mate also staying at the Ibis Basel Bahnhof. Seems close to everything. Basel in general seems a small place?

Hotel Basilisk - just across the river from the big Cathedral.

Cheapest room went while I was selecting it, next cheapest room went while I was putting in my Credit Card Number, then just managed to nab the last room before the hotel sold out completely. That was the Tuesday afternoon, soon after the draw was made and date confirmed.

Lucky you. Day after Valencia we were faced with two days bussing up through Spain, France and England before getting the Liverpool boat then the train to Portadown...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this