OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Darmageddon

For Those Of Us Unlikely To Make It...

when I was in Jamaica 10 years ago the hotel I stayed in had sky sports.

There's sports channels on the tv in the room but not sky. Just unsure if they will show the games on them tho EFL highlights were on earlier so here's hoping.

There's sports channels on the tv in the room but not sky. Just unsure if they will show the games on them tho EFL highlights were on earlier so here's hoping.

Radio ulster will have it live on Iplayer radio if you're online

Yep have checked out Radio Ulster on the tunein radio app and works fine as a last resort. Rather watch than just hear though

Your daughter who is a proper supporter and who will be at the game rather than swanning around the Caribbean can keep you up to date with the score :biggrin:

Your daughter who is a proper supporter and who will be at the game rather than swanning around the Caribbean can keep you up to date with the score :biggrin:

Exactly! No excuse for being in Jamaica over the Play-Offs, assuming he went of his own accord... ;)

Lol I guess she will have too

Exactly! No excuse for being in Jamaica over the Play-Offs, assuming he went of his own accord... ;)

To be fair it was all beyond my control. Bloody landmark occasions...

E.G., will Philomas be doing a night either Thursday or Sunday ? My daughter and 4 of her friends from here are now London based , they and their husband /boyfriends are looking for somewhere to cheer us on .

To be fair it was all beyond my control. Bloody landmark occasions...

Sorry, I was alluding to that hoary old Christmas Cracker standard:

"My wife's gone to the West Indies!"

"Jamaica?"

"No, she went of her own accord..."

I'm sorry, you must haiti me for that.

E.G., will Philomas be doing a night either Thursday or Sunday ? My daughter and 4 of her friends from here are now London based , they and their husband /boyfriends are looking for somewhere to cheer us on .

Latest email from our President For Life, El Specky:

The London NISC will be hosting a VERY SPECIAL GUEST to watch the away playoff on Sunday 12th Nov at Philomena's Bar on Great Queen Street near Holborn / Covent Garden.

We will be gathering from noon that day as we'll be showing highlights of the 1985 game against England at Wembley on the big screen - the one where we qualified for Mexico '86 and that featured a quality post match interview by the late great Alan McDonald.
Our guest will join us after lunch for the game, which kicks off at 5pm. So get there early and grab a good spot. Philomena's already have an excellent menu, and they do tasty Sunday roasts. Sky Sports might even be along with a camera crew!
Also Philomena's for the home game on Thursday.
P.S. When I say "VERY SPECIAL", I really mean it. Like, I'm nearly tempted to cancel my own trip to Basel, to be there! :lol:

"Jamaica?"

The London NISC will be hosting a VERY SPECIAL GUEST to watch the away playoff on Sunday 12th Nov at Philomena's Bar on Great Queen Street near Holborn / Covent Garden.

We will be gathering from noon that day as we'll be showing highlights of the 1985 game against England at Wembley on the big screen - the one where we qualified for Mexico '86 and that featured a quality post match interview by the late great Alan McDonald.

Our guest will join us after lunch for the game, which kicks off at 5pm. So get there early and grab a good spot. Philomena's already have an excellent menu, and they do tasty Sunday roasts. Sky Sports might even be along with a camera crew!

Interesting eg I will pass this them into them , thanks

P.S. When I say "VERY SPECIAL", I really mean it. Like, I'm nearly tempted to cancel my own trip to Basel, to be there! :lol:

Thank eg I will pass it on .

Anyone thats been to Negril in Jamaica know of a bar that would maybe show the games.? Failing that its either a dodgy stream or radio ulster commentary

Fox Soccer plus showing the game. Have this channel on the tv in the room tf. Panic over.

"Jamaica?"

My youngest lad is back working in London and despite his best efforts is not going to make it home for the game on Thursday night. (sorry his ticket has already gone) He is planning on going to Philomena's to watch it but has never been there before, will there be much of a (NI) crowd there ?

My youngest lad is back working in London and despite his best efforts is not going to make it home for the game on Thursday night. (sorry his ticket has already gone) He is planning on going to Philomena's to watch it but has never been there before, will there be much of a (NI) crowd there ?

Yes. If anything, the place will be bunged!

Sure you already met him in Ye Olde White Horse in April, or was I imagining that?!

Yes. If anything, the place will be bunged!

Cheers, with a good crowd hopefully he won't feel quite as bad about not getting home. :thumbsup:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this