OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Score Predictions Switzerland Home

N.Ireland 2-0 Switzerland

Steve Davis (on his 100th cap) and Conor Washington.

Switzerland unable to deal with the GAWA wall of sound and still trying to come to terms with losing out on top spot in their group.

think we can nick it 1-0 or 2-1 at home

need to be at our defensive best for the return game, we may need an away goal

Do away goals count double? ( serious question )

If so 1-0 win followed by. 2-1 defeat would do us .

Do away goals count double? ( serious question )

If so 1-0 win followed by. 2-1 defeat would do us .

Yes.

9. In the knockout format, both teams shall play one home and one away match each, the sequence of which shall be determined by lots drawn by the FIFA Organising Committee. The team having scored most goals over the two games shall qualify for the next round. If both teams score the same number of goals over the two matches, the goals scored away shall be counted as double. If the same number of goals is scored away or both matches end without any goals being scored, extra time of two periods of 15 minutes each shall be played at the end of the second leg. The extra time is an integral part of the second-leg match. Thus, if no goals are scored in extra time, kicks from the penalty mark shall be taken to determine the winner, in accordance with the procedure described in the Laws of the Game. If both teams score the same number of goals in extra time, the visiting team is declared the winner on the basis of away goals counting double.

Thanks , so my 1-0 win and 2-1 squeaky bum loss will be victory .

Win by at least two goals (3-1 looks to be my bet) and then have a couple of chilled out days in Basel (and no, I haven't been drinking Bazza before you ask!!).

I was waiting for your prediction Stephen, you have been good so far. See you in a few weeks.

I was waiting for your prediction Stephen, you have been good so far. See you in a few weeks.

Will do Tony and that was me who posted on 'Tripadvisor' earlier in reply to a question you raised - see you there.

Will do Tony and that was me who posted on 'Tripadvisor' earlier in reply to a question you raised - see you there.

Sussed that, see you in the usual before then.

Win by at least two goals (3-1 looks to be my bet) and then have a couple of chilled out days in Basel (and no, I haven't been drinking Bazza before you ask!!).

If I remember rightly you were very optimistic prior to the Germany & Norway games too Stephen! :biggrin:

If I remember rightly you were very optimistic prior to the Germany & Norway games too Stephen! :biggrin:

I'll give you that one Bazza but I honestly believe we will beat them and that's not just my blind optimism speaking - the think the heart may have been knocked out of them after missing automatic qualification despite winning nine straight games.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this