OUR WEE COUNTRY
drumquinandy

Basel Stadium - GAWA in the Home End.

I'm probably not the only one who missed out on today's away ticket allocation. So if you're waiting to buy Swiss home tickets on Friday morning at 7am I thought it might be an idea to target the same blocks. From the stadium map below you'll see B1/B2 Gastesektor (away section). I propose we aim for block B3 or A6, immediately adjacent to the away support. The lost tribe of the GAWA will find their way back home!! (no thanks to the IFA obviously).

st-jakob-park-stade-basel-seating-plan.j

I'm probably not the only one who missed out on today's away ticket allocation. So if you're waiting to buy Swiss home tickets on Friday morning at 7am I thought it might be an idea to target the same blocks. From the stadium map below you'll see B1/B2 Gastesektor (away section). I propose we aim for block B3 or A6, immediately adjacent to the away support. The lost tribe of the GAWA will find their way back home!! (no thanks to the IFA obviously).

st-jakob-park-stade-basel-seating-plan.j

Lol you must have hacked our WhatsApp group Andy.

A few questions about this scenario. Has anyone bought tickets from abroad for a football match before? What's the likelihood of Ticket Corner selling tickets to a U.K. address for this one? Also, if a Swiss or German address is required, is it possible to order tickets using that postal address but with a credit card with a billing address in the U.K.?

Ordered one off ticketbis.net during the week as back up as only had 19 points- glad I did as no luck with ticket & prices now rising. No issues with ordering and email confirmation that ticket will be dispatched to UK. Won't settle til I have it in my hand though. Never been as stressed!!

Im not sure anyone knows what to expect re. the demand for tickets from the Swiss end of things. Do they even have a block booking system like us or are all tickets just sold en mass? Just hope were not left to feed off the scraps of a few hundred tickets come Friday.

My mate has his alarm set for getting us tickets. If we get a ticket for the home end id be near tempted to enter the ground early and try sneak over to the away end if its even possible

My mate has his alarm set for getting us tickets. If we get a ticket for the home end id be near tempted to enter the ground early and try sneak over to the away end if its even possible

Looking at this you might find that difficult, seems well fenced/netted off

http://www.stadiumguide.com/stjakobpark/

You can get a good view of the inside of the stadium on that page.

I'd go for the lower section of B3. Can't see much chance of getting across to the main away support but going by the video posted above it looks very close to the main away section. The Hungary fans seem to have done the same in that video.

For those who haven't got a match ticket, they might still want to do a stadium tour the day before the game:

Stadium Tours

Private tours of FC Basel’s iconic St. Jacob Park are available daily between 8.00 am – 8.00 pm with the exception of matchdays and when the stadium is hosting concerts.

Lasting approximately 75 minutes, tours are available in English, German, French and Italian, and depart from Section A on the 1st floor of the main stand.

For more information and to confirm prices feel free to send an email to stefanie.doppler@fcb.ch or phone the club on +41 61 375 10 55.

"Bollox to that!", I hear you say, "that's no consolation"

Until you consider this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/watch-the-manchester-united-fans-who-hid-overnight-in-old-trafford-toilets-to-try-and-watch-arsenal-a3403251.html

Now if a couple of Manc Twats could nearly pull it off, then surely the Security Avoidance Section of the GAWA could do the job properly! ;)

A few questions about this scenario. Has anyone bought tickets from abroad for a football match before? What's the likelihood of Ticket Corner selling tickets to a U.K. address for this one? Also, if a Swiss or German address is required, is it possible to order tickets using that postal address but with a credit card with a billing address in the U.K.?

I've done this before in Poland and Austria - not sure about the Swiss system but worth a try. Just put the address of your hotel or hostel in Switzerland and if they post them instead of collection - just email the manager of the hotel and tell them you have a letter arriving.

I've done this before in Poland and Austria - not sure about the Swiss system but worth a try. Just put the address of your hotel or hostel in Switzerland and if they post them instead of collection - just email the manager of the hotel and tell them you have a letter arriving.

If your lucky maybe the tickets will be printable?

For those who haven't got a match ticket, they might still want to do a stadium tour the day before the game:

Stadium Tours

Private tours of FC Basel’s iconic St. Jacob Park are available daily between 8.00 am – 8.00 pm with the exception of matchdays and when the stadium is hosting concerts.

Lasting approximately 75 minutes, tours are available in English, German, French and Italian, and depart from Section A on the 1st floor of the main stand.

For more information and to confirm prices feel free to send an email to stefanie.doppler@fcb.ch or phone the club on +41 61 375 10 55.

"Bollox to that!", I hear you say, "that's no consolation"

Until you consider this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/watch-the-manchester-united-fans-who-hid-overnight-in-old-trafford-toilets-to-try-and-watch-arsenal-a3403251.html

Now if a couple of Manc Twats could nearly pull it off, then surely the Security Avoidance Section of the GAWA could do the job properly! ;)

There were caught EG, so that plan is consigned to the bin, although the accommodation looks better than some of the Eastern European overnight establishments frequented by the NI fans!! :biggrin:

If your lucky maybe the tickets will be printable?

I created an account last night and applied to Basel FC tickets. At the checkout there was an option to print at home. Obviously this could change with the National team, but it's the best example I could use.

Great info Jonny.

:thumbsup:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.