Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Starting XI v Switzerland (home).

I'll be surprised if he doesn't go with this team:

McGovern

McLaughlin, McAuley, J.Evans, Brunt

Magennis Davis Norwood, C.Evans, Dallas

Washington

I agree with those who are saying that Saville has a strong claim but I suspect O'Neill will stick with Corry because of his experience and intimate understanding of the way O'Neill wants that role to be played. Saville to come on later in the game.

Washington vs Lafferty is possibly the other interesting choice. Lafferty's height could be useful on the end of set pieces (including Magennis's long throws) but reckon he'll want Washington to run his legs off over 70 mins and then throw Lafferty on

I reckon this is the team that will start. MON tends to keep faith with players who have done well. Saville has looked useful, but Corry has experience of big games for us, which I think will give him the nod to start.

Play-off refs:

Home - Ovidiu Haţegan (Romania)

Away - Felix Brych (Germany)

Can't say I'm thrilled with them having a German ref at home.

Germany boarder with them and the Swiss speak German hmmmm

The definition of the Swiss I was told many, many moons ago was that 'they were just Germans who wouldn't' fight so not too happy with that appointment.

Cue the history lessons.

Play-off refs:

Home - Ovidiu Haţegan (Romania)

Away - Felix Brych (Germany)

Can't say I'm thrilled with them having a German ref at home.

Depends on whether he was able to get at his grandaddy's gold or not, I'd suspect...

:face7:

Germany boarder with them and the Swiss speak German hmmmm

Large parts of country also speak French and Italian.

Countries that share borders typically see neighbours as rivals surely also?

The yellow card situation is vital. If we loose Evans for example our chance diminish,

The yellow card situation is vital. If we loose Evans for example our chance diminish,

It's the fine margins that will win/lose it for us, the reason why MON has to be very astute with his tactics, team selection and substitutions.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't go with this team:

McGovern

McLaughlin, McAuley, J.Evans, Brunt

Magennis Davis Norwood, C.Evans, Dallas

Washington

I agree with those who are saying that Saville has a strong claim but I suspect O'Neill will stick with Corry because of his experience and intimate understanding of the way O'Neill wants that role to be played. Saville to come on later in the game.

Washington vs Lafferty is possibly the other interesting choice. Lafferty's height could be useful on the end of set pieces (including Magennis's long throws) but reckon he'll want Washington to run his legs off over 70 mins and then throw Lafferty on

I think he'll go with Lafferty and that Ward will start in place of big Josh. I'd prefer Washington myself

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this