OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
GAWA

Pride, Passion, Belief

I think it's a bit early for the inspirational (dusty room) videos just now. We don't want to peak early, so they're for this evening maybe.

This is relevant though,

Quare ball in from Gillespie. :thumbsup:

I think it's a bit early for the inspirational (dusty room) videos just now. We don't want to peak early, so they're for this evening maybe.

This is relevant though,

Jimmy Quinn looking distinctly tall and thin in that footage.

Just embrace it as the biggest chance we have had or will have in a long long time to make all our dreams come true. Show the Swiss how much this means to us from the off, both in the stands and on the pitch. Don't give them a second to breathe on the ball and as fans we should be booing and hissing they're every touch. Don't let them settle for a single second!

GAWA

Our match is on Remembrance Sunday. When I read this I feel immensely proud to come from Northern Ireland...

During the Battle of the Somme the Ulster Division was the only division of X Corps (United Kingdom) to have achieved its objectives on the opening day of the battle. This came at a heavy price, with the division suffering in two days of fighting 5,500 officers and enlisted men killed, wounded or missing. War correspondent Philip Gibbs said of the Division, "Their attack was one of the finest displays of human courage in the world.

Of nine Victoria Crosses given to British forces in the battle, four were awarded to 36th Division soldiers.

Captain Wilfred Spender of the Ulster Division's HQ staff after the Battle of the Somme was quoted in the press as saying,

I am not an Ulsterman but yesterday, the 1st. July, as I followed their amazing attack, I felt that I would rather be an Ulsterman than anything else in the world.

This is who we are and what we are made of. Common Northern Ireland.

I'm always fairly muted coming up to games, helps me manage my expectations. Just got into work and Sweet Caroline is on the radio, you couldn't wipe the grin off my face, it was hard not to shout out. C'mon Norn Iron let's do this. GAWA!

Was doing the school run when sweet Caroline came on the radio could hear every car blasting it the kids were going mad too.

Showed them putting the flags out on the seats on Sky News there. Shiny paper type of thing. Green and silver they said.

Couple of pictures of them on Twitter, think it will look class actually!

Lavery's doors open soon, thank goodness nervous wreck in work this morning

Was doing the school run when sweet Caroline came on the radio could hear every car blasting it the kids were going mad too.

I was on my way back home, after doing the school run, when it came on. Turned it up to 11, and grinned the whole way home.

We will have the "Spirit of 58, Spirit of 82, Spirit of 86 and the Spirit of 2016" with us.

We will have the "Spirit of 58, Spirit of 82, Spirit of 86 and the Spirit of 2016" with us.

exactly Colin

will be another great night @ windsor

lots of people in high spirits & lots with too many lol :/)

And I will be taking some more spirits to Basel as I hear its a dear hole. ?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this