OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Dervock

Match Thread

OK so we are all on a downer but maybe this might just shake the team up a bit. If it ended 0-0 then we would have more of the same and hopefully grab a wee goal but now we know exactly what is needed, a win and nothing else. Lets go at them the way we did in the last 15-20 mins, same team as ended the match with perhaps someone in for McGuiness but that will leave us with no height up front.

Swiss will be confident now, we have nothing to lose, rather lose 3-0 and attacking all the time than a bore 1-0 again. I think MON and the players know this and its the last chance most of them will ever have, WE CAN DO THIS!!!! See you all in Basel!!

Like so many others I came away from that match last night feeling more pissed off about the team performance than I did about the refereeing. I've been involved in enough football matches to know there's little point in complaining about bad decisions at the time - it's how you react to them that defines the match.

It was clear from the first 5-10 mins that we were going to concede possession, similar to the last few games of the campaign. But even at that, there was no urgency to push on or rampage forward when we had the ball. Given the occasion and atmosphere, we should have been going at them hard and loud from the first whistle. And then maybe adapt a more cautious approach if we were in an advantageous position. Instead, we sat off them, were slow to push out when McGovern had the ball, and there was not enough chasing down done up top.

It may have just been the emotion after the result etc, but as I'll not be in Basel, I feel a bit gutted at how we performed on what was potentially Gareth McAuley and Michael O'Neill's final home match.

couldn't have put it better myself

Like so many others I came away from that match last night feeling more pissed off about the team performance than I did about the refereeing. I've been involved in enough football matches to know there's little point in complaining about bad decisions at the time - it's how you react to them that defines the match.

It was clear from the first 5-10 mins that we were going to concede possession, similar to the last few games of the campaign. But even at that, there was no urgency to push on or rampage forward when we had the ball. Given the occasion and atmosphere, we should have been going at them hard and loud from the first whistle. And then maybe adapt a more cautious approach if we were in an advantageous position. Instead, we sat off them, were slow to push out when McGovern had the ball, and there was not enough chasing down done up top.

It may have just been the emotion after the result etc, but as I'll not be in Basel, I feel a bit gutted at how we performed on what was potentially Gareth McAuley and Michael O'Neill's final home match.

I reckon you’re right on the last bit. Gareth will call time now but hopefully after a World Cup.

I believe you're right.piss poor penalty.

Some tou win some you lose.

No hope for us now to be honest about it..

Fast we have to win 2 nil lol highly likely .

Ah well best of luck tithe boys .and put on a spired display,to make us all proud of them,what I watched at least they tried .

What a load of ballix. Just give up half way through after conceding one goal? Have to say I'm extremely f**ked off with the amount of people who have thrown the towel in, including some people who had booked for Basel and now aren't going. WTF? So many people with so much negativity. Better off without them.

Also, an 'a spired' display!? We turning into Chesterfield?

...I'm extremely f**ked off with the amount of people who have thrown the towel in, including some people who had booked for Basel and now aren't going. WTF?...

Seriously? I'd bite your hand of to be able to go and some people who both can go and were going now aren't? Are these people who also had tickets? One silver lining would be those who were going without tickets might get sorted.

...Also, an 'a spired' display!? We turning into Chesterfield?

or Salisbury

Now the dust has settled I reckon this could be the best thing to happen to us. Had we finished 0-0, tactically I think we would have played it much safer than we need to now and perhaps got done over. The impetus is on us now to go and win the game. We need to go to Basel and have a go now and thats when I think were at our best - weve got our massive underdog tag back

Now the dust has settled I reckon this could be the best thing to happen to us. Had we finished 0-0, tactically I think we would have played it much safer than we need to now and perhaps got done over. The impetus is on us now to go and win the game. We need to go to Basel and have a go now and thats when I think were at our best - weve got our massive underdog tag back

Absolutely! Worst case it's better to bow out with a fight rather than bow out trying to hold onto a 0-0.

Anything can happen in football- an early goal puts us right back in it and will make the Swiss more cautious.

Absolutely! Worst case it's better to bow out with a fight rather than bow out trying to hold onto a 0-0.

Anything can happen in football- an early goal puts us right back in it and will make the Swiss more cautious.

Go out now with a 0 - 0 meekly, or go out 1 - 1 fighting on the attack. I know which I’d pick if we don’t get through.

Davis had an off night and couldn't get his foot on the ball. Lafferty and Magennis looked very average. Poor touch and Laffs jumps with his elbows and constantly giving the foul.

Has to go 4-4-2 with Ward and Washington up front.

Davis had an off night and couldn't get his foot on the ball. Lafferty and Magennis looked very average. Poor touch and Laffs jumps with his elbows and constantly giving the foul.

Has to go 4-4-2 with Ward and Washington up front.

I have to disagree with the 4-4-2 formation. I think we are too narrow with a back four and vulnerable on the wings. We are better with a back three with two attacking wing backs.This gives us a better defence and a better offence. IMHO.

What a load of ballix. Just give up half way through after conceding one goal? Have to say I'm extremely f**ked off with the amount of people who have thrown the towel in, including some people who had booked for Basel and now aren't going. WTF? So many people with so much negativity. Better off without them.

Also, an 'a spired' display!? We turning into Chesterfield?

Hello am I'm not aloud and opinion.youre talking bollocks if you think we have hope simple bookie odds.ffs get a grip and learn a bit reality fast ,now fuk off.

Hello am I'm not aloud and opinion.youre talking bollocks if you think we have hope simple bookie odds.ffs get a grip and learn a bit reality fast ,now fuk off.

:lol:

I hope you lose a fortune at the bookeis axe, though I still want that fish supper from Longs.

:lol:

I hope you lose a fortune at the bookeis axe, though I still want that fish supper from Longs.

No problem Jim and a few swallysi just don't believe people calling you're opinion bollocks,lmao.

Hope he's right though then who's talking bollocks,get real ffs .lol

No problem Jim and a few swallysi just don't believe people calling you're opinion bollocks,lmao.

Hope he's right though then who's talking bollocks,get real ffs .lol

I fear your opinion is correct unfortunately. I'll be delighted to be wrong though. :flag:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this