OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
J.Q.

That Ref

This guy got off far too lightly in my opinion. Sure he’ll miss the tournament next summer but I’d say that’ll hardly bother him too much. He’ll be back on the high profile ref circuit before too long and I’m sure he’ll not get hit financially by FIFA in the meantime. Hasn’t been enough regret, tears or apologies for my liking. He moves on.... we lose out massively. 

51 minutes ago, Danmadole said:

This guy got off far too lightly in my opinion. Sure he’ll miss the tournament next summer but I’d say that’ll hardly bother him too much. He’ll be back on the high profile ref circuit before too long and I’m sure he’ll not get hit financially by FIFA in the meantime. Hasn’t been enough regret, tears or apologies for my liking. He moves on.... we lose out massively. 

If he had of been given a back-hander for that penalty and the yellow for Dallas's assassination attempt, it would give him time off to spend it, if he had of got a back-hander of course. 

If you could prove he got a backhander I wonder if our match with the Swiss would be declared void and have to be replayed?

If we all pitched in and hired a private investigator we could nail the b*****d

28 minutes ago, Good_Seasons_NI said:

If you could prove he got a backhander I wonder if our match with the Swiss would be declared void and have to be replayed?

If we all pitched in and hired a private investigator we could nail the b*****d

I'm sure there was an African qualifier that was replayed when the ref was discovered to be dodge.

The problem with our one is I reckon FIFA made the alleged dodgy payment. (Based on no more than a hunch).

2 hours ago, eightball said:

I'm sure there was an African qualifier that was replayed when the ref was discovered to be dodge.

The problem with our one is I reckon FIFA made the alleged dodgy payment. (Based on no more than a hunch).

Come on now, it’s FIFA, surely they wouldn’t be up to anything hooky ?

still does not take away the pain & frustration

6 minutes ago, Richardh said:

Did he not admit it soon after the game when he was shown a video, and also to several people at the airport the day after?

Did he? I must've missed that.

I see he hasn't been selected for the World Cup but hopes he might get chosen as a video ref - if I was you chum I would get the summer holidays booked now as it just ain't going to happen 😊

Did he apologise for not sending off the guy who cut Stuart Dallas down twice over the tie?

53 minutes ago, eightball said:

Did he? I must've missed that.

Belfast Telegraph article, 14th November:

When shown footage of the penalty incident, Hategan put his hands to his head and admitted: "I got it wrong." He acknowledged he had made a costly error, but defended his decision to show Fabian Schar only a yellow card for his two-footed lunge on Stuart Dallas in the fifth minute.

No quotes to back up the Schar things and I can't find the airport story (some media and fans spoke to him at the airport day after the game).

9 hours ago, EalingGreen said:

Everyone knows/knew he got it wrong.

It's over, done with, move on.

Correct EG and I was never one to go down that replay/compensation route which is a load of sh*te but I have just had a night which reminds me of what we missed.

I'm currently in Nha Trang in Vietnam which is coming down with Russians and having spent a couple of hours earlier in a bar where Anna Kournikova's younger, better looking sisters were strutting their stuff I could cry - stuff that, the ref should be jailed.

It would be quite funny at the first game after Russia had we made it as you could have spotted those who had travelled there as they would all have forearms like Popeye 😀

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this