OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Good_Seasons_NI

Why I still believe

1. We were up against a potentially bribed referee.

2. One of our worst performances in years.

3. They couldn't score a genuine goal against us.

4. We can only play better and have nothing to lose

In real terms we are 1-0 down at half time. Can we recover? Big ask as second half is at their ground but yes of course we can, we are one goal down, not 3 or 4.

And most importantly should we win the second half the Swiss cannot win on away goals counting double, so a one goal victory either puts us through or a penalty shoot out.

BELIEVE

I just dont get the whole at home thing. Granted the sight of 17,000 home vocal fans and the colour last night was a spectacle to inspire BUT to walk out onto the pitch in Basel and see 2000+ fans who have spent £000s of hard earned money, using precious holiday leave, prioritising this over other family commitments, travelling for several hours, using every form of transport, (where necessary) paying over the odds for tickets or running the risk of being ejected from the home section, with pride in their hearts, all to get behind you and roar you on to victory, NOW that should inspire.

Lets do this NI!

Ps I know the efforts some have to take to get to a home game.

Reasons to be positive and believe:

1. Could and should have lost by 2 or 3 but only one down. They may regret so many missed chances

2. Only one player suspended for 2nd leg and we have all our big hitters available

3. We can't play any worse

4. Pressure's off as we're really not expected to qualify now

5. Different referee.

6. If we score first (or even second) we suddenly make them very nervous

7. Finally, as Greavsie would say, 'football's a funny ol' game'

if we score first game on............if they do, game over

The way I look at it, it's the exact same as before yesterday's match, we have to win one of these 2 matches to progress. Granted a 1-0 could take us to the lottery of pens, but all we need to do is bate them!

I just dont get the whole at home thing. Granted the sight of 17,000 home vocal fans and the colour last night was a spectacle to inspire BUT to walk out onto the pitch in Basel and see 2000+ fans who have spent £000s of hard earned money, using precious holiday leave, prioritising this over other family commitments, travelling for several hours, using every form of transport, (where necessary) paying over the odds for tickets or running the risk of being ejected from the home section, with pride in their hearts, all to get behind you and roar you on to victory, NOW that should inspire.

Lets do this NI!

Ps I know the efforts some have to take to get to a home game.

Our team have have been an inspiration for all of us for sometime now. I'm sure they will give everything they can out there.

Just to echo what most have already said:

We can't play any worse than in the home leg.

A proper referee this time.

No yellow card suspensions to worry about.

Win the game first and foremost. 0-1 means extra time, any other score and we go to Russia.

No indecision about tactics - we have to win.

I believe!

The closer this gets, the worse the butterflys!! Have it set to rec and will have to head for a 1hr 45min walk @ 5pm, if im not there then watching it on tv would be hell, nerves couldnt take it and ill opt for 1hr 45 mins of walking and praying.

The closer this gets, the worse the butterflys!! Have it set to rec and will have to head for a 1hr 45min walk @ 5pm, if im not there then watching it on tv would be hell, nerves couldnt take it and ill opt for 1hr 45 mins of walking and praying.

Wow! You're really going to do this mate? Well, whatever get's you through. If it goes to penalties I'll be watching from the toilet. I just hope the dancing on the streets of Castlerock doesn't ruin the surprise for you :blum3:

Glad I saw your post, for some reason I'd assumed we kicked off at 7.45 and had plans for this afternoon.

We're 90 minutes away from the World Cup. It's a big ask, but we've done it before. It's going to take another of our historic performances, but that was always going to be the case. We need to get whaled into them from the start.

For me, I have to still believe. As far as Im concerned this is it. The last 4 years have been beyond my wildest dreams and to be honest, I reckon this will be it for a while. So if this is our last chance for the big time for a while, Im going into this match truly believing these guys can turn it round for us.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this