OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Score Predictions Switzerland Away

If it finishes 1-1 and we miss the World Cup because of that penalty it'll be very hard to take. Just hope we have a go. Difficult for them to avoid the temptation to sit on their lead.

They score and think they're through only for us to do what we did away in Hungary....

Officially over the disappointment of Thursday and absolutely buzzing for Sunday. Get into them theyre cheesy!!! We just need to get into them in first minute - get them rattled. No ball uncontested. Create a few early chances. I can feel an early goal for us, maybe a Big G header and then theyll be rattled thinking we should have won by more.Come on the GAWA! We can do this!!! 2-1 to Norn Iron

I also think we will score early and rattle the swiss....

No pressure on us and i genuinely believe we'll win and go through.

I think the swiss will take us to lightly and that will be their undoing

GAWA

The more I look at it, the fact we have nothing to loose, the ref justice from other day, Shaqiri's and possibly Swiss over confidence I think we can beat them if we rough them up and fight, they won the first battle(with help of ref) it's now time for us to win the war.

Best hope 1-2 to us and nation goes into ecstasy.

It's far from over, yes the penalty was ridiculous and will take a long time to get over, but I really believe we can get an early goal, and if we do the advantage is with us. Switzerland think it's just a case of them turning up, an early goal will screw that up, mess with their heads and game plan. If we don't believe then what's the point you may as well stay at home and watch the antiques roadshow. We are punching well above our weight but this is just another epic round and we can knock them out. Believe- yes I do.

...Shaqiri's and possibly Swiss over confidence...

Granit Xhaka is worse. Hopefully he's seeing himself up for a fall...

They were faster stronger and betterr than us on Thursday. If we set up to defend the width of the box and give them the freedom of the flanks we will get tanked again dodgey ref or not. We need to go out and hold them level for 80 mins then go flat f**king out attack and hope for the best.

We cant go and play all out attacking football in the opening part of the game they will punish us, we have to make sure we are still in it at least till half time. Keep it tight and then get wired into them in the second half. If we get beaten trying to have a go then tough but who knows just maybe it will be another special night.

All everyone wants is that if we are to go down we go down fighting till the last kick of the game. :owc:

Dont think tactics will be any different regardless of the fact we have to win. Michael will be happy to keep it tight for 70 minuets then throw a coupe of positive substitutions on and hope to knick a 1-0. Personally I think Switzerland will expect this and it will play right in to their hands. I say pick a positive attacking lineup from the start May as well go out in a blaze of glory rather than other 1-0 wimper

3 nil away win. All three goals were offside.

Heart says 1-0 NI and extra time with penalties. Mind says 2-0 Swiss- both their goals coming in the final 20 mins. I do expect us to put in a better performance than Thursday.

A very minor point is that at least we now can’t go out on away goals (whereas the Republic still can).

I do feel something weird might happen in the first half. Apart from against the Germans we have conceded only once in the first half away from home for the last 2 campaigns plus the Euros. What if we really did sneak something in first half? Vulnerable to an away goal the Swiss would be under real pressure in the second half. While i give us only a 10% chance i can still see a route to Russia.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this