OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Match Thread

no justice over the 2 legs, im so angry with the officials over the 2 legs only 1 yellow for the swiss, Dallas was targeted and the player not punished

to go out like that hurts so much, but why did we not line up or play that that on Thursday you could see the Swiss heads go down

Well done to Aaron 109 caps probably his last along with a few others i fear?

Fantastic performance by the team, they all give 100%.

Next campaigns going to be different, forsee a few retirements on the horizon :(

Gutted but so proud of our boys! Was anyone else on the edge of their seat just waiting to go buck mad if we scored?

Well never have a better chance of qualifying for a World Cup but we hold our heads high!

We gave it a good go, but ultimately we weren't good enough.

Sad and gutting to have gone out in the circumstances we did.

We gave it a good go, but ultimately we weren't good enough.

Sad and gutting to have gone out in the circumstances we did.

I understand that to a man we are not as good as the Swiss. However, for N Ireland to qualify we will always need to be teams of superior quality. In my opinion we gave ourselves too much to do in the second leg. Michael has been brilliant for us but he got it wrong in the playoffs just as he did in Nice; showing the opposition too much respect and playing the wrong team. That said, I believe it is true that Davis was only 70% fit for Thursday and as our lead press it was understandable that we stood off more than usual. Magennis is not gold enough to start games; Saville offers a lot more than Corey. Lastly, we had the chance to put them to the sword in the last 10mins by bringing Kyle on but I read he put big G up top? Gutted, absolutely gutted. I am an optimist in the main but I fear we are heading back to some difficultt times - I hope Im wrong. Well done tonight boys - you did us proud.

I understand that to a man we are not as good as the Swiss. However, for N Ireland to qualify we will always need to be teams of superior quality. In my opinion we gave ourselves too much to do in the second leg. Michael has been brilliant for us but he got it wrong in the playoffs just as he did in Nice; showing the opposition too much respect and playing the wrong team. That said, I believe it is true that Davis was only 70% fit for Thursday and as our lead press it was understandable that we stood off more than usual. Magennis is not gold enough to start games; Saville offers a lot more than Corey. Lastly, we had the chance to put them to the sword in the last 10mins by bringing Kyle on but I read he put big G up top? Gutted, absolutely gutted. I am an optimist in the main but I fear we are heading back to some difficultt times - I hope Im wrong. Well done tonight boys - you did us proud.

Moving Gareth up front was bizarre.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this