OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
dmcc_gfc

Best & Wurst

Best

Pretty much all been said, with the possible additions of:

• super convenient hotel (motel), just across from the main train station
  • not as expensive as Norway - where is? - and paying posh Belfast prices for a pint (CHF6.50 or £5)
  • meeting up with old friends, and strengthening friendships. The GAWA travels well
  • Roger Doherty (sp.?) leading the sing off with his trumpet in the "Zum Braunen Mutz" as the heavens opened outside

Wurst

• the tram to and from the ground. Sardines and a few muppets
  • the pain of missing out, when no legitimate goals were conceded. Raw emotion on show on the pitch and in the stand
  • feeling that I had seen the last of great NI servants - Big G, Aaron, MON?
  • realising that it will be 10 months before a competitive ball is kicked by a NI team

3 hours ago, davy ards said:

I'm confused again,  :biggrin:

Do you not follow the RoI? 

Davy - Gary is a football fan through and through (and yes he does support the RoI) but he also goes to watch numerous games and has probably been at Windsor Park to watch us more times than about 50% of those who were there for the Germany game. He was also up at Bangor the other week for the Under 16s game (cheering on his own team naturally as you would expect).

I haven't met him in person but we have corresponded about various things and I spoke to a few Republic supporters in Paris last year who couldn't speak highly enough of him.

His tips on travel, tickets etc on here are always very well received and long may he continue to provide us with his vast knowledge.

Mine's a pint Gary when we eventually meet up after that testimonial!!

Edited by stephenrowley1
Spelling error

3 hours ago, davy ards said:

I'm confused again,  :biggrin:

Do you not follow the RoI? 

Gary is from the South but follows both the ROI and Northern Ireland. Was with us the last time in Slovenia and is a member of the new IFA Membership scheme where members get pre sale on match tickets at Windsor.

Been known to accompany us to a few Linfield matches as well, great guy. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Gary is from the South but follows both the ROI and Northern Ireland. Was with us the last time in Slovenia and is a member of the new IFA Membership scheme where members get pre sale on match tickets at Windsor.

Been known to accompany us to a few Linfield matches as well, great guy. :thumbsup:

Holy Christ Jim. there's me on singing his praises then you throw that spanner into the works :angry:

I’ve never met him, but got many good tips from his posts on travel and stadiums. Reckon we all owe him a few pints Stephen.

I`m another who has never met him but just going by his posts on here sounds like a really good guy. Nice to have fans like him of other teams on here. :thumbsup: 

16 hours ago, gspain said:

Best

Great atmosphere at the game (from the away fans)

Great performance from NI

Friendly locals particularly the one that sent a round of drinks to our table as an apology for the penalty.

Nice city with great infrastructure.  Swiss flight and train also n time on Sunday morning

Meeting up with old friends and new 

Wurst

The result

Stadium concourse is too small and possibly dangerous 

The weather

my phone running out of battery.  

Nice story about the round of drinks!

And though I've never met you and just based on your posts, you and my mate Gav were the two people I felt genuinely sorry for on Tuesday night. 

On the concourse Gary, did you get stuck in the crush for the bogs?   Not very well laid out (bogs in front of beer stall and at top of stairs, one entrance/exit only) and was a little hairy for a moment or two.

14 hours ago, Jim said:

Been known to accompany us to a few Linfield matches as well

Never met him, but sounds like a right dick :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Not sure exactly how many, but Gary had (well?) over 20 Campaign Points this time round - doesn't miss many NI games unless they clash with ROI, or are very inaccessible (eg Baku).

Best 

Basel being a good spot and the Swiss fans being really sound. Bought me and my mate a couple pints pre match and some funny roll ups. 

The he performance Of the team was immense and made me very proud.

flying home direct Basel - Dublin 

Worst:

The weather, although it suited the team. 

The collection of tickets was a farce

all in all a great trip bar the result, really enjoyed it. 

Best...

Performance

Walk to the ground

Remembrance service in the wee park near ticket hotel,We had two or three hundred there in the pishing rain(Good to see Kate Hoey there.)

Dandering from Switzerland into Germany for a beer,then dandering from Germany into France for a wee glass of wine.All in 40 minutes.

Wurst...

Weather

Result

Kerbing the alloy parking in Geneva in the hire car.Gonna cost plenty.

Prices.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:57 PM, Jim said:

cheers Jim.  Small world but the guy you gave a home ticket to apparently bought via my membership (I think) was sheltering from the rain and chatting to me in Basel.  He took my photo to show you.  

I got to plenty of club games too not just the Blues.  

It is a real shame neither country is going to Russia.  

1 hour ago, gspain said:

cheers Jim.  Small world but the guy you gave a home ticket to apparently bought via my membership (I think) was sheltering from the rain and chatting to me in Basel.  He took my photo to show you.  

I got to plenty of club games too not just the Blues.  

It is a real shame neither country is going to Russia.  

Yes Gary, he was the one who got the Home ticket bought through your membership and he sent me the photo of you from Basel. Small world indeed!!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this