OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
dmcc_gfc

Best & Wurst

Was on a day trip - Basel was damp and dulll - but the gawa did their best and were on song as usual.  Being on lower deck at front disappointed at number of objects thrown by some of our 'so Calle supporters'. Not all from top deck though  - we were surrounded by netting - your fellow fans were getting soaked. Also witnessed a lighter or some other object make it between netting and strike a Switzerland fan. I hate that we have folks who follow us that think that is appropriate behaviour - have to say gawa were amazing as usual and these were isolated incidents. A true reflection - a very drunk fan fell and hurt himself in our section - no one knew who he was - he was looked after - seated and provided with water. Fans took his phone and rang his friends - reunited him with his girl friend and friends. These guys missed a lot of the match ensuring the fan was safe and made contact with his friends. Well done the lads in B0.

17 hours ago, ripley said:

a very drunk fan fell and hurt himself in our section - no one knew who he was - he was looked after - seated and provided with water. Fans took his phone and rang his friends - reunited him with his girl friend and friends. These guys missed a lot of the match ensuring the fan was safe and made contact with his friends. Well done the lads in B0.

Aye, but they also got the g/f's number out of it - there's more than one meaning to the phrase "playing away"... ;)

Probably last back from Basel after extended stop over on the way home but some comments......

Worst

• Hotel ticket fiasco on the Sunday, how they came up with that alphabetical thing with most people in the one queue and two queues empty. Glad we got in early before it was queued out the hotel front door. I'm surprised there was not more backlash on that unless they improved the arrangements after l left
  • GAWA member who threw a punch on the team on the way back from match, spoiling for fight with a Swiss guy. Honestly some people shouldn't leave the country
  • Just so close it was agonising and so many GAWA in tears.
  • Basel I never 'warmed' to, was a strange place of 3 levels , underground passes , flyovers and old town in the middle. Maybe on a nice day it would seem a nicer place, a lot of it reminded me of Luxembourg actually

Best

• Visiting the 3 country statue and bridge. A bit out of the way but had to go to see it
  • Swiss fans very friendly. Almost so friendly I don't think they hardly celebrated their victory!
  • She's a Nazi song, I got real entertainment out of that

+ everything else everyone else said.

37 minutes ago, Taz said:

Probably last back from Basel after extended stop over on the way home but some comments......

Worst

• Hotel ticket fiasco on the Sunday, how they came up with that alphabetical thing with most people in the one queue and two queues empty. Glad we got in early before it was queued out the hotel front door. I'm surprised there was not more backlash on that unless they improved the arrangements after l left
  • GAWA member who threw a punch on the team on the way back from match, spoiling for fight with a Swiss guy. Honestly some people shouldn't leave the country
  • Just so close it was agonising and so many GAWA in tears.
  • Basel I never 'warmed' to, was a strange place of 3 levels , underground passes , flyovers and old town in the middle. Maybe on a nice day it would seem a nicer place, a lot of it reminded me of Luxembourg actually

Best

• Visiting the 3 country statue and bridge. A bit out of the way but had to go to see it
  • Swiss fans very friendly. Almost so friendly I don't think they hardly celebrated their victory!
  • She's a Nazi song, I got real entertainment out of that

+ everything else everyone else said.

What is this She's a Nazi song?

I've seen it referenced about 20 times since coning back.

41 minutes ago, coatsey10 said:

What is this She's a Nazi song?

I've seen it referenced about 20 times since coning back.

The Swiss team is known colloquially by German speakers as "The Schweizer Nati" (short for "National"?).

It sounded like "She's a Nazi".

Kinda.

If you were pissed.

And they were.

Best

The performance

The company (London NISC - great bunch of people)

Flights going OK

Worst

So, so close...

7am flight on Monday from Basel-Heathrow and straight into work

The rain...

Basel being a very underwhelming city

A few di**heads in our support trying their best to start a scrap on the tram back after the game

One particular di**head in our support who decided to randomly abuse me in a bar, completely unprovoked 

just got the bill for the 1" scratch i put  in the hire car alloy...700 swiss francs!!!!I have the original agreement and there is a 2" scratch  in another alloy ,dents in doors,but yet they see fit to ONLY repair my scratch(Btw,its their words that says its a 25mm scratch.)f**kers are doing me for a days car rental as well!!!

Also got a speeding ticket as well,Ha f**king Ha.+Fines cost as much as the trip.

17 hours ago, dartboard said:

just got the bill for the 1" scratch i put  in the hire car alloy...700 swiss francs!!!!

I hate car hire companies.

Fight them every inch of the way.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-complain-about-your-car-hire-company

We had problems a few years back. We went through ECRCS, and talked to our credit card company (ended up reporting it as a fraudulent transaction). They ended up waiving the charge 'as a sign of good faith'. It was awfully kind of them, seeing as their charge, for a late return, was bullsh*t.

My parents are currently in a gripe with Hertz. Their credit card company have refunded the charge, and given Hertz 45 days to explain it.

Get wired into them dartboard.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this