OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Central America tour

Head's up, you need a yellow fever vaccination certificate if travelling to Costa Rica via Panama, don't think you need it if you're just doing Costa Rica (depending on your flight route). Vaccination isn't available on the NHS either, so stings the arm and the pocket. 

On 20 April 2018 at 4:54 PM, Richardh said:

Head's up, you need a yellow fever vaccination certificate if travelling to Costa Rica via Panama, don't think you need it if you're just doing Costa Rica (depending on your flight route). Vaccination isn't available on the NHS either, so stings the arm and the pocket. 

Are you sure?...

"A Yellow Fever vaccination certificate is only required for travellers 9 months of age and older coming from a country with risk of Yellow Fever transmission. A vaccination certificate is also required if coming from Eritrea, São Tomé and Príncipe, Somalia, Tanzania, and Zambia.

Note: A vaccination certificate is not required for travellers arriving from Argentina, Guyana, Panama, and Suriname.

The vaccination requirement is imposed by this country for protection against Yellow Fever since the principal mosquito vector Aedes aegypti is present in its territory."

25 minutes ago, jcm said:

Are you sure?...

The link in your post says a certificate isn't required but also lists Panama as a country with a risk of transmission, so it's not clear. 

When I went for vaccinations last Friday the doctor checked what was needed and yellow fever was included as I was travelling to Costa Rica from Panama. I'd rather trust a doctor than the Internet... 

1 hour ago, jcm said:

A doctor on the take perhaps?

Is Dirk Bogarte in that?

21 hours ago, hughes18 said:

Someone hoping they get some loyalty points for buying 18 Panama away tickets they've no intention of using? Also, £145 each lol?

https://twitter.com/simplydb26/status/987626482322345990

Another clown who 'follows' our team and think they are being smart

On 23 April 2018 at 7:31 PM, Richardh said:

The link in your post says a certificate isn't required but also lists Panama as a country with a risk of transmission, so it's not clear. 

When I went for vaccinations last Friday the doctor checked what was needed and yellow fever was included as I was travelling to Costa Rica from Panama. I'd rather trust a doctor than the Internet... 

Just had my Hep A and typhoid boosters; nurse Jenny referred me to this Nathnac link the NHS use:

It seems Costa Rica has exempted Panama from its yellow fever certificate list and, within Panama itself, "the vaccination is not recommended for travellers whose itineraries are limited to areas west of the Canal, the city of Panama, the Canal area itself, and the Balboa Islands (Pearl Islands) and San Blas Islands."

Costa Rica was featured on Holidays Unpacked, Ch4 last Monday, probably still on catch up. Mainly featured activities outside the City. Filmed October 17 while still in the rainy season !

Hopefully the squad named this week? Should be interesting. 

30 minutes ago, RichardM said:

Hopefully the squad named this week? Should be interesting. 

Conor McLaughlin has put on Twitter that injury has ended his season. Saville also missed Millwall's last two games through injury.

29 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Conor McLaughlin has put on Twitter that injury has ended his season. Saville also missed Millwall's last two games through injury.

Didn't know that, we could probably add Steven Davis to that list. Craig Cathcart hoped to be included as he indicated in a recent interview so hopefully a bit of experience in there wit a good mix of u21s. 

Norwood and big Josh both involved in the playoffs, if either/both of them make their respective playoff finals that would rule them out of the tour.