OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

South Korea

They loved that wee dunked ball over the top that lead to their goal. They must have pin pointed that as a weakness of ours. After the goal we were wise to it.

it could have worked again not long after the goal....another low cross from that side was just missed by someone in the middle; a definite let off.

17 hours ago, GPJim said:

I'm not a fan of yesterday's 2:00 pm kick-off time. :thumbdown: 

We've got another one in September....

6 minutes ago, Richardh said:

Cant say I am a fan of a 2pm kick-off time on a Saturday either - never again will I park on Boucher Crescent.  took me an hour and a half to get off the Boucher Road on to the motorway :angry:

3 hours ago, exhausted said:

Narrow full backs seem to be a tactic of ours.  The opposition have so much space out wide every game we play 

We defend the width of the box it's really obvious from behind the goal. When I saw they had Koreas tallest man playing up front I was worried. 

Thought Lewis was nervous the first half saw Hughes and Evans chat to him just before kick off. The second half i think his confidence grew and he started to play a bit and come forward instead of waiting to get attacked. He also hhad Jones in front of him who also was inexperienced and struggled in the first half defensively.

4 hours ago, exhausted said:

Narrow full backs seem to be a tactic of ours.  The opposition have so much space out wide every game we play 

It made me appreciate the Dallas/Brunt linkup a lot more, you can really see the difference with a pairing who don't play together a lot.  Evans spent the first 45 mins directing Lewis as much as anything else, a few times they had a run on similar to what led to their goal (albeit it was a good ball over the top and excellent touch/finish so not blaming Lewis entirely.)

At the end of the day it was a good learning experience for the younger/newer lads. It also shows that while Lewis might be flying with Norwich there is a big difference playing international football against the better teams. However, that's why we have friendlies, to try out new guys and new systems. It's reassuring to know that we had a lot of important players missing and still performed relatively well. Onwards and upwards!!!!!

4 hours ago, Richardh said:

Great. My 2 other block bookers will have to decide between their own sporting endeavours and the NI match.

Have we had many other Saturday 2:00 pm starts recently? We probably have and I just don't recall them.

Costa Rica and Panama games are shown in the IFA site as 1945 kick offs, which seems strange.

43 minutes ago, GPJim said:

Great. My 2 other block bookers will have to decide between their own sporting endeavours and the NI match.

Have we had many other Saturday 2:00 pm starts recently? We probably have and I just don't recall them.

I can't remember any for a long time prior to this year. I think someone on here said it was to do with the way the Nations League TV deal works.

3 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

Costa Rica and Panama games are shown in the IFA site as 1945 kick offs, which seems strange.

Don't think KO times have been confirmed yet as I know of a fellow supporter who emailed the IFA to ask. Don't see the games listed on either of the opposition's websites either.

On 3/24/2018 at 6:47 PM, villa1982 said:

"With the 21s playing Spain on Thursday we wanted his focus to be there, we didn't tell him he was coming in until after the game. That was the plan all along."

some quotes from MON from the BBC about Smyth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43529184

While Trevor Carson was told on Monday that he'd start - (typically) astute man-management by Michael. :thumbsup:

On 3/24/2018 at 10:17 PM, CityofLisburn said:

Positives for me Carson great performance on debut, Big McAuley still has it, Saville in midfield looked good and what a debut for Smyth . Worthwhile excercise and great to see Windsor packed for a friendly.

Last week I said I thought McAuley's legs had gone - shows how little I know! 

6a00d8341c816253ef00e55ai0_3.jpg

(Other comments spot on, too, btw)

On 3/25/2018 at 12:10 PM, Norn Iron fan said:

Not sure about the Korean fans behind us squealing like 13 year old girls at a pop concert though... 😂

Couple of Korean lassies (early 20's?) came in five minutes after kickoff and sat next to me.

Some amount of screaming and shrieking

... until one of them asked me to stop

On 3/25/2018 at 12:21 PM, dmcc_gfc said:

Great day out and I would say there are a fair few kids who probably saw their first game yday and will hopefully be hooked!

You'd have to be hooked by that. :thumbsup:

Only problem is, next time out they probably won't be able to get tickets (competitive game at least) :(