OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

South Korea

45 minutes ago, eightball said:

Unfortunately for me that's not really an option. There are no trains from Forestside! :lol:

Forestside? FFS, you could walk it.

BBC Stats for the game (NI first):

Possession - 35% vs. 65%

Total Shots - 4 vs. 15

Shots on Target - 3 vs. 2

Corners - 4 vs. 9

Fouls - 11 vs. 9

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43439353

Just shows how comfortable we are when the opposition dominates possession (as any half decent team usually will).

And the Shots figures back this up in that we made our (few) attempts* count.

Whereas their 13 off-target attempts were mostly either shots from difficult positions, or were blocked by our defenders, or were deflected wide by them.

Which is not to say we should ever rely on this against better sides, in competitive games. But it is nonetheless another 90 mins practice of our "house style", which we can improve upon when we have all our big players fit and available.

* -  Remember, too, that our 4 attempts don't include the Korea O.G., which Magennis would surely have converted close in had their defender not made contact.

13 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

* -  Remember, too, that our 4 attempts don't include the Korea O.G., which Magennis would surely have converted close in had their defender not made contact.

was that 1 of their 2 shots on target EG

3 hours ago, eightball said:

We park on Lisburn Road side of stadium even though we have to enter the North stand via Olympia Drive. Much handler for getting out. Having said that the games at the tail end of last year were a nightmare for parking.

Yes, that's true, although I was down late a few times.

I've changed my mind. It now makes perfect sense for people to park on Boucher. :whistling:    

**Not that I want that closer parking space or anything.

8 hours ago, Clint said:

Forestside? FFS, you could walk it.

We were talking about this on Saturday, and for future afternoon kick-offs we probably will walk over.

Parked on one of the side streets off the Lisburn Road facing Malone Road and it was manic about 30 minutes before kick off.

First time I've driven in a long time and the only reason I didn't take the train was because of a youth game in the morning which left me tightly squeezed for time.

3 hours ago, lisbellawloyal said:

Parked on one of the side streets off the Lisburn Road facing Malone Road and it was manic about 30 minutes before kick off.

First time I've driven in a long time and the only reason I didn't take the train was because of a youth game in the morning which left me tightly squeezed for time.

Ya gotta be crazy to try and park around that area,just park in the town and walk it,

even after the game it would be a nightmare for me haha.

id rather be on foot than live on my nerves driving through all that nonsense.haha

I normally park on the Boucher Road but because I had plenty of time i decided to park in the city at the Great Northern car park and walk out to the ground.

£2 for 4 hours parking wasn't too bad.

Came back to the car and got back onto the west link via the Grosvenor road then onto the M1 with no hassle at all.