OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

South Korea

4 hours ago, lisbellawloyal said:

I do get your point EG but I hope all those 'whingers' that couldn't get tickets for the Germany and Switzerland games got sorted with tickets for South Korea....

I'm less concerned by the vocal minority of whingers than I am by eg the 10 y.o. kids who asked their dads about getting tickets for Germany, only to be told: "Sorry son, but I'm not sure I can get a ticket for myself".

Or the dads who didn't even bother to apply for themselves, since they knew they wouldn't get one.

In the end, if it's a choice between 5k extra spectators against Germany OR 5k extra empty seats against South Korea, I know which I'd plump for.

I firmly believe that the existing stadium is the perfect size for a team and indeed a nation of our size.

I hope you're right, for we're stuck with it for the next half century.

1 hour ago, EalingGreen said:

I'm less concerned by the vocal minority of whingers than I am by eg the 10 y.o. kids who asked their dads about getting tickets for Germany, only to be told: "Sorry son, but I'm not sure I can get a ticket for myself".

Or the dads who didn't even bother to apply for themselves, since they knew they wouldn't get one.

In the end, if it's a choice between 5k extra spectators against Germany OR 5k extra empty seats against South Korea, I know which I'd plump for.

I hope you're right, for we're stuck with it for the next half century.

I agree with you, we should have went for 25k.  

But can anything be done now?  I'm thinking about the Upper South Stand.  Could surely fit an extra 2k seats in there and push the capacity to around 20k.  I wonder is this something on the radar of the IFA at all?

I'm aware its currently used for disabled supporters.  If its still required by these supporters that's fair enough.  Or could our disabled supporters be accommodated at the back of the family stand and in front of the North Stand?

7 hours ago, lisbellawloyal said:

I do get your point EG but I hope all those 'whingers' that couldn't get tickets for the Germany and Switzerland games got sorted with tickets for South Korea....

:sarcastic:

On 27 February 2018 at 4:35 PM, Rod said:

I agree with you, we should have went for 25k.  

But can anything be done now?  I'm thinking about the Upper South Stand.  Could surely fit an extra 2k seats in there and push the capacity to around 20k.  I wonder is this something on the radar of the IFA at all?

I'm aware its currently used for disabled supporters.  If its still required by these supporters that's fair enough.  Or could our disabled supporters be accommodated at the back of the family stand and in front of the North Stand?

When you say front of the North stand, do u mean on the Tarmac as per pre-stadium upgrade?, please tell me you're not serious.

There are currently wheelchair accessible places in several small pockets in the South stand plus the back of the East stand, there are also ambulant seats in a smaller number of places, these are being well utilised even though there hasn't been a major marketing drive with regards to fans with disabilities, in that many potential disabled fans aren't aware of the facilities available. But of course fans with disabilities should have the choice of all sides of the stadium, and should not be herded into one particular area. 

Im sure with today's building technology, experience from other stadium designs, there are options to increase capacity without removing provision (which has been a long time coming) from fans with disabilities.

54 minutes ago, aubsni said:

When you say front of the North stand, do u mean on the Tarmac as per pre-stadium upgrade?, please tell me you're not serious.

There are currently wheelchair accessible places in several small pockets in the South stand plus the back of the East stand, there are also ambulant seats in a smaller number of places, these are being well utilised even though there hasn't been a major marketing drive with regards to fans with disabilities, in that many potential disabled fans aren't aware of the facilities available. But of course fans with disabilities should have the choice of all sides of the stadium, and should not be herded into one particular area. 

Im sure with today's building technology, experience from other stadium designs, there are options to increase capacity without removing provision (which has been a long time coming) from fans with disabilities.

Fair enough, no offence intended to our disabled fans who I agree shouldn't lose out in any effort to increase capacity!

When will the tickets for this game be available to print? 

1 hour ago, SectionE said:

When will the tickets for this game be available to print? 

From previous IFA communications around the game's ticketing :

Both print at home tickets and e-tickets will be activated 2 weeks in advance of the fixture.

With the squad due to be announced soon for this game, i am no longer convinced there is going to be much change in it as most of us were expecting. I seen an interview in a local Anglian paper yesterday with Jamal Lewis who said there has been little contact with Michael, just continual contact with Ian Baraclough which will probably mean he will stay with the U21's, it seems to be the same with Paul Smyth, Sean Scannell is injured (not that i'm bothered) which leaves possibly Sean Goss as being the only new face unless there is somone else we don't know about.

50 minutes ago, Richardh said:

From previous IFA communications around the game's ticketing :

Both print at home tickets and e-tickets will be activated 2 weeks in advance of the fixture.

Cheers Richard. 

I think Lewis will be in the senior squad but Smyth will stay with the U21s for competitive games against high-quality opposition in Spain and Iceland, in a group where we're doing better than expected (albeit still unlikely to progress from). I'd expect both to be on the summer tour.

Does anyone know when the actual squad announcement is?

29 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

I think Lewis will be in the senior squad but Smyth will stay with the U21s for competitive games against high-quality opposition in Spain and Iceland, in a group where we're doing better than expected (albeit still unlikely to progress from). I'd expect both to be on the summer tour.

Does anyone know when the actual squad announcement is?

Monday?

7 hours ago, RaveDave said:

With the squad due to be announced soon for this game, i am no longer convinced there is going to be much change in it as most of us were expecting. I seen an interview in a local Anglian paper yesterday with Jamal Lewis who said there has been little contact with Michael, just continual contact with Ian Baraclough which will probably mean he will stay with the U21's, it seems to be the same with Paul Smyth, Sean Scannell is injured (not that i'm bothered) which leaves possibly Sean Goss as being the only new face unless there is somone else we don't know about.

Our U-21's play Iceland in a qualifier in Coleraine on Monday 26th March (two days after S.Korea).

So it's possible that Lewis and Smyth may be held back for that, but still train with the senior squad in Belfast in the build-up?

If the U21's had've only had the one game i would have agreed with you but they play Spain on the Thursday night before the South Korea game and then as you say Iceland two days after, so if there named in the U21's i can't see them being with the senior team at all.

tickets arrived today:flag:

I've just looked on Ticketmaster now and there looks to be only a few hundred seats left on sale (quick scan of blue dots).

With only a couple of weeks to go it might not be far off a full house. :thumbsup: