OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

South Korea

I see only around 600 tickets left for sale and no hospitality left

should be a good turnout for a friendly, hoping to see a few new faces

Was taking a wee nosey myself. Was excited about this one but then it turned my wife was working all weekend. Then I has a brainwave and thought I could just go with the kids, seeing as the 18 month old has only seen NI matches on TV, but there are no kids tickets left. And flights are a bit dear now...

But anyway, is it the case (not just for this match) that the only place kids can sit is the railway stand?

4 minutes ago, richboy said:

Was taking a wee nosey myself. Was excited about this one but then it turned my wife was working all weekend. Then I has a brainwave and thought I could just go with the kids, seeing as the 18 month old has only seen NI matches on TV, but there are no kids tickets left. And flights are a bit dear now...

But anyway, is it the case (not just for this match) that the only place kids can sit is the railway stand?

There have always been kids in the North Stand Upper, and I'm sure the old Family section was North Stand lower. I think the kids prices might only be for the railway stand though, if that's what you mean?

Aye, that's what I meant. I suppose that's why the GAWA got confused with the Basle tickets :lol:.

i wouldn't fancy spending full price on a wean though!

On 08/02/2018 at 8:26 PM, Nigel82 said:

Apparently the match is being shown on Freesports - or at least according to their schedule on their website https://www.freesports.tv/

Still showing on Freesports schedule for Saturday, from 1:55.  Sky Channel 424, also on Freeview (channel 95 I think). Freesports is a decent wee channel for random free football

My tickets arrived but at an address 50 miles away , thanks for posting them to me Andrew .

3 hours ago, Nigel82 said:

Still showing on Freesports schedule for Saturday, from 1:55.  Sky Channel 424, also on Freeview (channel 95 I think). Freesports is a decent wee channel for random free football

That's good although I thought we had signed a deal for some bunch of cowboys to show our matches for the foreseeable future?

1 hour ago, richboy said:

That's good although I thought we had signed a deal for some bunch of cowboys to show our matches for the foreseeable future?

Yeah we did with Premier Sports which is a sister channel of FreeSports

Almost a sell-out going by the stadium map on Ticket master.... Not bad at all. 

2 hours ago, RichardM said:

Almost a sell-out going by the stadium map on Ticket master.... Not bad at all. 

Thats pretty good going for a friendly match against not really a big name team  would be good to move the remaining 200 or so.

Planning to go for a bite to eat after the game on sat, anywhere in the cathedral qtr good/bad for GAWA colours?

There's no pedestrian access from Olympia Drive to the leisure centre/back of the Kop at the minute. So if you were planning on cutting that corner to save 5 or 10 minutes walk,  be aware you'll have to enter via Boucher Road. 

6 minutes ago, Richardh said:

There's no pedestrian access from Olympia Drive to the leisure centre/back of the Kop at the minute. So if you were planning on cutting that corner to save 5 or 10 minutes walk,  be aware you'll have to enter via Boucher Road. 

Stupid question* no doubt, but we can still enter the NS from Olympia Drive?

* Am a bit embarrassed to ask, but if my flight into BFS is delayed, I could be pushed for time, so need to be certain.

9 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Stupid question* no doubt, but we can still enter the NS from Olympia Drive

If you mean via the gate opposite Olympia Street then that should be OK. It's the pedestrian access to the leisure centre beside the old Midgely Park gates/at the corner of the old Olympia 3g pitch which has gone.