OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

South Korea

9 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Stupid question* no doubt, but we can still enter the NS from Olympia Drive?

* Am a bit embarrassed to ask, but if my flight into BFS is delayed, I could be pushed for time, so need to be certain.

Yes.

5 minutes ago, Richardh said:

If you mean via the gate opposite Olympia Street then that should be OK. It's the pedestrian access to the leisure centre beside the old Midgely Park gates/at the corner of the old Olympia 3g pitch which has gone. 

Ta for that (also Shaggy) :thumbsup:

we usually are in North stand going to the Kop west stand for this one, we come in from the adelaide train over the railway bridge/steps can we access the kop ok from there i assume?

23 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

we usually are in North stand going to the Kop west stand for this one, we come in from the adelaide train over the railway bridge/steps can we access the kop ok from there i assume?

You'll have to go in via Boucher if that's where the Kop entrance is. You're better going via Apollo Road from Adelaide station to Boucher rather than by the Windsor footbridge and Olympia Drive. There's a walkway at Adelaide which takes you to Apollo Road, then down past M&S and onto Boucher. 

thanks Richard

On 18/03/2018 at 7:54 PM, Nigel82 said:

Still showing on Freesports schedule for Saturday, from 1:55.  Sky Channel 424, also on Freeview (channel 95 I think). Freesports is a decent wee channel for random free football

Thanks for this. I will be at the match but it's good to be able to record and watch it again later. 

Match now a sell out!  Great stuff.

Friendlies are traditionally terrible but for some reason I'm quite looking forward to this one now!

Unbelievable for a March friendly against South Korea, really looking forward to seeing Jordan Jones, this guy looks the real deal at club level, think he could be a real star in a green shirt. 

4 hours ago, RichardM said:

Unbelievable for a March friendly against South Korea, really looking forward to seeing Jordan Jones, this guy looks the real deal at club level, think he could be a real star in a green shirt. 

I've been saying it for years now, but Belfast, like eg London, Glasgow, Liverpool or Manchester, is and always has been a proper football city.

All it needs to get people to attend in good numbers is a good manager and backroom set-up, which produces a competitive* side, playing in facilities which are up to contemporary standards.

I mean, we took 20k(?) to France less than two years ago.

* - Not necessarily a winning side

13 hours ago, Rod said:

Match now a sell out!  Great stuff.

Friendlies are traditionally terrible but for some reason I'm quite looking forward to this one now!

Trying to find a bar here in Chiangmai in northern Thailand showing it - drawn a blank so far unsurprisingly ?

8 minutes ago, stephenrowley1 said:

Trying to find a bar here in Chiangmai in northern Thailand showing it - drawn a blank so far unsurprisingly ?

You would probably struggle to find a city centre bar in belfast who would be willing to show the match on saturday afternoon in case it offends someone. 

Just now, donaghy said:

You would probably struggle to find a city centre bar in belfast who would be willing to show the match on saturday afternoon in case it offends someone. 

Probably a better chance here then 'donaghy' - I'll continue my quest but I looks like I'll have to settle for the girlie bars down at the Thai Boxing arena to while away the night ?

Just now, stephenrowley1 said:

Probably a better chance here then 'donaghy' - I'll continue my quest but I looks like I'll have to settle for the girlie bars down at the Thai Boxing arena to while away the night ?

Yes mate keep the head up and dont let it get to you that you wont get to see it! ?

3 minutes ago, donaghy said:

Yes mate keep the head up and dont let it get to you that you wont get to see it! ?

Quite ironic actually as I was in the exactly same area when Ards played the Glens Seconds in the final of the Steel and Sons a few years back and I rang by brother every ten minutes or so for an update - Ards got tanked but that's the year the Glens played a 'ringer' and the trophy was taken off them but for some reason wasn't awarded to Ards.

At least this time I'll be able to follow the game on the 'net but with those ladies about I mightn't have any spare hands left to check my IPad ?