OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

South Korea

1 hour ago, hughes18 said:

We're playing South Korea at home on Saturday March 24, KO 2pm.

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2018/january/northern-ireland-to-play-south-korea-in-march-friendly

Odd kick-off time given there are Irish League games at 3pm that day.

You'd envisage IL games being moved en masse to Friday night

That sounds quite good!  Think I'll head along to that! 

Me giving up friendlies has lasted one game :lol:

Hopefully the Billy Bingham Lounge is open looking forward to it. At least it's somebody different we're playing just like New Zealand last year

Will all local be football be off that day?  I know there definitely used to be a rule around it if there is an international being played but I'm not sure if it's still in place.

5 minutes ago, kissmyface said:

Will all local be football be off that day?  I know there definitely used to be a rule around it if there is an international being played but I'm not sure if it's still in place.

Games bound to be moved to the Friday night. 

Clubs need permission I think to play a match within 5 hours of a home NI match.  But the Irish League clubs wouldn't want to anyway as it would severely hit their attendances. 

may head to this one i don't ike missing any home matches, 2pm strange KO time which may effect the atmosphere/attendance

Excellent birthday treat for FU. All welcome to join me for festered cabbage and beers first- assume there's a place around Stran or Bot Avenue?

Good news - definitely more interesting opposition than the average friendly.....not keen on the kick off time though....I'll admit to being an 'at night under floodlights' purist when it comes to internationals. I make exceptions for championships! Gonna make for an exceedingly messy Saturday (I'm quite sure the above poster is correct that Korean TV dictates) And of course the NIFL games will be moved!!

1 minute ago, P.McCarroll said:

Good news - definitely more interesting opposition than the average friendly.....not keen on the kick off time though....I'll admit to being an 'at night under floodlights' purist when it comes to internationals. I make exceptions for championships! Gonna make for an exceedingly messy Saturday (I'm quite sure the above poster is correct that Korean TV dictates) And of course the NIFL games will be moved!!

You have reminded me of how many of our home games were played in daylight hours in the late 70s and early 80s

A 2pm (British time) would make it 11pm in Seoul 

Don't see that time being changed as any later here would be deemed too late for South Korean TV I would think and if they wanted an earlier evening kick off it would obviously be too early here. That time or day won't change I reckon