OUR WEE COUNTRY
Nigel82

Campaign Cards

1 hour ago, Jim said:

There's my dyslexia kickin' in again!! 🙂

#GAWUVF? :lol:

Who are the knobbers in the IFA pandering to this nonsense?

Anyone see the IFA post on Facebook with a link to Ticketmaster for Luxembourg tickets with the Lion King (🙄) holding a ticket?

Almost all the replies are from people who seemingly think it's sold out and it's some kind of giveaway\competition post! All these people would just "love to go" or "take X to their first game" etc but can't buy tickets themselves for some reason.

3 hours ago, Richardh said:

Anyone see the IFA post on Facebook with a link to Ticketmaster for Luxembourg tickets with the Lion King (🙄) holding a ticket?

Almost all the replies are from people who seemingly think it's sold out and it's some kind of giveaway\competition post! All these people would just "love to go" or "take X to their first game" etc but can't buy tickets themselves for some reason.

Exactly my thoughts Richard!! 😡

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Exactly my thoughts Richard!! 😡

Some of the people who haven't realised Luxembourg tickets are still available but still hope to get/win them for free will be the first to complain about NEVER being able to get Northern Ireland tickets when they miss out on Germany/Netherlands at home. 

I'm sure the IFA has emailed them all to say there's tickets still available for Lux, or maybe not.............

1 hour ago, Tarabonga said:

I'm sure the IFA has emailed them all to say there's tickets still available for Lux, or maybe not.............

With bonus loyalty points no doubt. Still, I’ve got mine. A point closer to a Netherlands ticket. Fingers and everything else crossed.

59 minutes ago, BringBackShaggy said:

With bonus loyalty points no doubt. Still, I’ve got mine. A point closer to a Netherlands ticket. Fingers and everything else crossed.

Why couldn't they have made it, say, 3 points for Luxy from the start? (Only valid for tickets which are actually used/swiped at the turnstiles).

That wouldn't be enough to get 'occasionals' a Neths. ticket, but could help a few 'regulars' to make an effort they might not ordinarily have done.

Erm??? No.

Sorry EG, but that would be daft. It's up to the IFA to properly price and promote friendlies, not to coerce fans to attend.

BTW, I've bought a ticket (and one for my son who isn't a BB) solely for the purposes of the priority point, in spite of the over inflated cost imposed by the IFA.

And I detest friendlies. So one priority point is more than enough coercement...

57 minutes ago, Tarabonga said:

BTW, I've bought a ticket (and one for my son who isn't a BB) solely for the purposes of the priority point, in spite of the over inflated cost imposed by the IFA.

I thought £22.50 was reasonable, although £20 and £10\£5 for kids would have done.

11 hours ago, BringBackShaggy said:

With bonus loyalty points no doubt.

They won't get any loyalty points if they're not a campaign card holder.

I wouldn't consider £49.50 for me and my son value for money to see a friendly between OWC and Luxembourg. Only an opinion, but if they're struggling to shift tickets then they're maybe charging too much?

3 hours ago, Tarabonga said:

Erm??? No.

Sorry EG, but that would be daft. It's up to the IFA to properly price and promote friendlies, not to coerce fans to attend.

I think there is a difference between "coercion" and "encouragement" (or reward).

And if eg increasing loyalty points isn't a form of "promotion", which you do advocate, then what is it?

3 hours ago, Tarabonga said:

And I detest friendlies. So one priority point is more than enough coercement...

Sorry, but I really don't understand the problem. You're a loyal fan, who has bought a ticket even despite your other reservations, when others won't bother.

Imo you should be rewarded for that.

And although related, the price (which looks steep to me) is a different matter.

(And I say all that as someone who doesn't normally mind friendlies, but will reluctantly be giving this one a miss, even if it carried half a dozen points))

I bought a ticket solely because it was linked to priority points, otherwise would not have done. If we were playing Brazil or France in a friendly I wouldn't be interested.

To offer more than one point for a home friendly when only two points are available for away competitive matches is a nonsense to be quite frank.

2 hours ago, Tarabonga said:

To offer more than one point for a home friendly when only two points are available for away competitive matches is a nonsense to be quite frank.

I see the idea of "Loyalty Points" as rewarding those who make the extra effort. Sure, we'll all go to see Germany at home if we can get a ticket, but those who attend "nothing matches" like Luxy deserve rewarding, for being the most committed.

As for Aways, I agree they should perhaps be better rewarded too, though there are two problems with that:

1. Many committed fans simply cannot get to aways games (money, work, family etc);

2. If you give extra loyalty points for those aways which have greater demand than capacity (Netherlands, Germany etc), then those who are already top of the list will have their points tally boosted, meaning those below them who would like to go cannot get tickets, meaning they can't accrue extra points, meaning they can't get tickets etc etc etc

33 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

If you give extra loyalty points for those aways which have greater demand than capacity (Netherlands, Germany etc), then those who are already top of the list will have their points tally boosted, meaning those below them who would like to go cannot get tickets, meaning they can't accrue extra points, meaning they can't get tickets etc etc etc

I think I read somewhere that loyalty points aren't awarded for aways where loyalty points are needed to sort out allocation.