OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

Home game kick-off times

v Bosnia on Saturday September 8 - 2pm

v Austria on Sunday November 18 - 5pm

Along with the 2pm Saturday kick-off time for the South Korea friendly.

What's with the sh*te kick-off times?

45 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Looks like UEFA are spreading out the kick-off times on each matchday, presumably for TV purposes:

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/Draws/02/53/13/55/2531355_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Though that Austria game is a bugger for me - the last flight out of Belfast to London departs from George Best at 19.25 - an hour later and I'd have chanced it. :(

Balls. I thought 5 would be ok. I've run into this problem many times but I thought 5 would be ok. Last flight to Southampton is half 6 ffs! For a moment I actually thought I could go to a clean sweep of games. Now it's only looking like South Korea and Bosnia at home :rcard:

51 minutes ago, richboy said:

Balls. I thought 5 would be ok. I've run into this problem many times but I thought 5 would be ok. Last flight to Southampton is half 6 ffs! For a moment I actually thought I could go to a clean sweep of games. Now it's only looking like South Korea and Bosnia at home :rcard:

Return flights to Gatwick or Heathrow and drive to/from airport?

I usually fly from elsewhere as it's cheaper, but see EGs post above...

I did a quick skyscanner and not turning anything up although having said that the flights aren't all out for November yet...

EasyJet flights between Belfast and Gatwick not out yet but there will be a late one back on the Sunday no doubt. At the minute the last flight back to Gatwick on a Sunday is 2045. When the clocks go forward that goes to 2100 then the timetable will likely change slightly at the end of October. 

Keep an eye on easyJet and you’ll get sorted through Gatwick :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, faircountyboy said:

EasyJet flights between Belfast and Gatwick not out yet but there will be a late one back on the Sunday no doubt. At the minute the last flight back to Gatwick on a Sunday is 2045. When the clocks go forward that goes to 2100 then the timetable will likely change slightly at the end of October. 

Keep an eye on easyJet and you’ll get sorted through Gatwick :thumbsup:

Ta for that (though Gatwick is a pain for me, and Aldergrove is so much more awkward than George Best)

14 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Ta for that (though Gatwick is a pain for me, and Aldergrove is so much more awkward than George Best)

Stansted would be similar times, maybe a bit later on the Sunday night

I think there are later Sunday night flights to Birmingham and two or three trains an hour from Birmingham International to Euston even on a Sunday evening.

15 hours ago, hughes18 said:

UEFA spreading them around for maximum TV coverage, South Korean TV must have stumped up more cash than BBC NI for the friendly kick off.

48 minutes ago, Richardh said:

UEFA spreading them around for maximum TV coverage, South Korean TV must have stumped up more cash than BBC NI for the friendly kick off.

Yes, should have known they were dictated by TV. At least they're both weekend games.

14 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Yes, should have known they were dictated by TV. At least they're both weekend games.

There's only one game kicking off at 2pm on each Saturday and Sunday matchday, the rest of the weekend games are 1700 and 1945. One game out of the 23 on matchday one (which is really three days) kicks off early on the Saturday and we got it!

really spolied lately with the 7-45 kick off times, always a better atmosphere imo