OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
EalingGreen

Bosnia. And Herzegovina too. What are they like?

5 hours ago, GPJim said:

http://www.linfieldfc.com/ticketinfo.aspx?id=19915

Note the prices and what's not there.

Has no-one told all those new fans desperate to get to a Northern Ireland match that tickets are still available?

TicketB@stard fee's??

3 minutes ago, espana82 said:

TicketB@stard fee's??

Correct. Tickets are £5.50 cheaper from Linfield.

4 hours ago, GPJim said:

Correct. Tickets are £5.50 cheaper from Linfield.

Unbelievable

Is it possible that it's just an oversight on Linfield's part and they just didn't add the small print? Do you think?

14 hours ago, espana82 said:

Unbelievable

Is it possible that it's just an oversight on Linfield's part and they just didn't add the small print? Do you think?

It would hardly be surprising/remarkable were the IFA to make a number of complimentary tickets available to £FC for each match. But do we know that the IFA are charging them full price/face value for additional tickets which the club sells on to its members?

For if they aren't, that could allow £FC to avoid charging the TM fee (and maybe even still make a profit?) 

I think we should be told.

15 hours ago, espana82 said:

Unbelievable

There's no ticketmaster fees for tickets bought at Windsor Park for Linfield home games. Buy them on the ticketmaster site and there's a fee to pay.

15 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

It would hardly be surprising/remarkable were the IFA to make a number of complimentary tickets available to £FC for each match. But do we know that the IFA are charging them full price/face value for additional tickets which the club sells on to its members?

For if they aren't, that could allow £FC to avoid charging the TM fee (and maybe even still make a profit?) 

I think we should be told.

You've answered your own question there.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but is our game next Saturday a competitive game? If so we need to cap BPF and Lewis. 

8 hours ago, donaghy said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed but is our game next Saturday a competitive game? If so we need to cap BPF and Lewis. 

i woukd assume the nations league is a competitive game so yes get them capped!

19 hours ago, donaghy said:

The furore over Declan Rice proves beyond any doubt that Nations League games are competitive games, so once you are capped in these games you are tied to that country another reason why the two players you have mentioned need to be capped against Bosnia.

16 hours ago, RaveDave said:

The furore over Declan Rice proves beyond any doubt that Nations League games are competitive games, so once you are capped in these games you are tied to that country another reason why the two players you have mentioned need to be capped against Bosnia.

I know why and understand his reasons for leaving them out, but i would be getting Paul Smyth & Gavin Whyte capped in the next round of nations league games for this reason also.

Competitive caps should go to players who are selected on merit, not just to tie them to a particular country.

I believe this is what Michael O'Neill has also previously intimated?

Just now, Tarabonga said:

Competitive caps should go to players who are selected on merit, not just to tie them to a particular country.

I believe this is what Michael O'Neill has also previously intimated?

Agree.

We should not be tricking players into playing for us in principal.

And in practice, these players and their advisers aren't stupid. If they had a doubt, they'd just feign an "injury" till they spoke to the FAI.

We'vfe just got to trust that the more reasonable players (at least) will appreciate playing for a manager who does things right, than one who will use you when it suits - and just as quickly discard you when it doesn't.

(Though tbf to Martin O'Neill, I think he's not like that - he could have tied Rice with 10 mins in a WCQ but didn't, and I suspect he's even more sensitive re. NI)

37 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Agree.

We should not be tricking players into playing for us in principal.

And in practice, these players and their advisers aren't stupid. If they had a doubt, they'd just feign an "injury" till they spoke to the FAI.

We'vfe just got to trust that the more reasonable players (at least) will appreciate playing for a manager who does things right, than one who will use you when it suits - and just as quickly discard you when it doesn't.

(Though tbf to Martin O'Neill, I think he's not like that - he could have tied Rice with 10 mins in a WCQ but didn't, and I suspect he's even more sensitive re. NI)

I don't think Martin O'Neill gives two f**ks about us currently and I guess nor should he while he is ROI manager

Still looks to be about 800-1,000 tickets left on TM for the Bosnia home game. Slightly disingenuous email from the IFA this afternoon advertising tickets for the Bosnia and Israel games "from just £22 for adults", which will be slightly disappointing for anyone who clicks through to find the Bosnia tickets are more than double that price.

3 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

Still looks to be about 800-1,000 tickets left on TM for the Bosnia home game. Slightly disingenuous email from the IFA this afternoon advertising tickets for the Bosnia and Israel games "from just £22 for adults", which will be slightly disappointing for anyone who clicks through to find the Bosnia tickets are more than double that price.

The Bosnia game will sell out but I'm slightly surprised that a Saturday competitive game isn't proving more popular.  A sign that the public aren't really buying into the Nations Cup games being  proper competitive games. 

Hopefully this isn't reflected in the atmosphere.

Was thinking along the same lines myself. First international home game after a longish break, I was expecting tickets to be hard to get at this stage. Hopefully the remaining tickets do get sold though. A good start to this completion would be nice and build up interest for when the Euro, qualifying comes around.