Jump to content
OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

Israel (H) friendly - Sept 11

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

What is often overlooked is that the catalyst for the suspension of home games in NI after 1971 was not The Troubles generally, but specifically an IRA threat to Scotland/Scottish FA if they came to Belfast for our sole home game of the British Championship of 1971/72.

Meanwhile, 1971 was also the year that the IRA issued a death threat to George Best:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/10/day-ira-threatened-shoot-george-best/

And it wasn't just football which suffered from the IRA's threat of violence.

The following year (1972) Mary Peters received a death threat purporting to come from the IRA, stating that as a "Protestant who competed for Britain" at the Olympics, she would be shot if she came back to Belfast:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2891795/Hail-Dame-Mary-Peters-Queen-Belfast-defied-bombers-picks-prestigious-New-Year-s-honour.html 

Meanwhile, Rugby got the same treatment from the Provos as well that year, with both Scotland and Wales intimidated from playing in Dublin:

http://en.espn.co.uk/england/rugby/story/159995.html

And, of course, a decade later the threats against Barry "The Brit" McGuigan were so bad that the police issued him with a gun and also allocated him an armed bodyguard for his personal protection for a period:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/barry-mcguigan-the-police-gave-me-a-gun-131630

None of which is ever mentioned when we get our periodic abuse for some toerag having threatened Neil Lennon etc, often from the self-same SF/IRA thugs who were threatening those sports stars previously.

 

Good man EG! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EalingGreen said:

What is often overlooked is that the catalyst for the suspension of home games in NI after 1971 was not The Troubles generally, but specifically an IRA threat to Scotland/Scottish FA if they came to Belfast for our sole home game of the British Championship of 1971/72.

Meanwhile, 1971 was also the year that the IRA issued a death threat to George Best:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/10/day-ira-threatened-shoot-george-best/

And it wasn't just football which suffered from the IRA's threat of violence.

The following year (1972) Mary Peters received a death threat purporting to come from the IRA, stating that as a "Protestant who competed for Britain" at the Olympics, she would be shot if she came back to Belfast:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2891795/Hail-Dame-Mary-Peters-Queen-Belfast-defied-bombers-picks-prestigious-New-Year-s-honour.html 

Meanwhile, Rugby got the same treatment from the Provos as well that year, with both Scotland and Wales intimidated from playing in Dublin:

http://en.espn.co.uk/england/rugby/story/159995.html

And, of course, a decade later the threats against Barry "The Brit" McGuigan were so bad that the police issued him with a gun and also allocated him an armed bodyguard for his personal protection for a period:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/barry-mcguigan-the-police-gave-me-a-gun-131630

None of which is ever mentioned when we get our periodic abuse for some toerag having threatened Neil Lennon etc, often from the self-same SF/IRA thugs who were threatening those sports stars previously.

 

All part of the general erasing/re-writing of the past, of which SF/IRA are the undisputed masters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the press are going to ask Jamie Bryson to speak on our behalf I'd rather the match was postponed so they have nothing to ask him about. He really is a hateful c*nt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, exhausted said:

If the press are going to ask Jamie Bryson to speak on our behalf I'd rather the match was postponed so they have nothing to ask him about. He really is a hateful c*nt

Given that Gary McAllister performs the fairly thankless task of being the voice of our fans (and I'm sure gets pelters from some of them when they disagree with him) there's really no excuse for giving a self-appointed mouthpiece, in both senses of the word, like Bryson air time. Just lays bare the desire among the broadcasters to stir up controversy and drive traffic/revenues. Which is understandable, if distasteful, among commercial media, but utterly inexcusable at the poll tax funded Beeb.

Might the Amalgamation consider a policy of non co-operation with any outlets that use Bryson to comment as a somehow representative NI fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cromwell said:

Discussed on the Nolan Show on Radio Ulster right now.

Sinner Pat Sheehan wants it called off due to violence against Palestinians.

The BBC should have called off its interview with Pat Sheehan due to the fact he attempted to unify Ireland by bombing a cash & carry.

Apart from goin to the match cause im a NI fan, i want to go even more now if  it irks sin fein barstewards on any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a serious note , I would guess there is no chance of sinn fein or anyone else protesting the game. Would turn nasty I'd imagine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The yellow feckers won't be near the place. They think the national stadium is in Dublin sure.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, exhausted said:

On a serious note , I would guess there is no chance of sinn fein or anyone else protesting the game. Would turn nasty I'd imagine 

That would be a difficult situation for the forum’s terrorist sympathising anti-semites. :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×