OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

Israel (H) friendly - Sept 11

8 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Why are they not protesting at the ground?

I'm guessing in case they get their balls rolled?

8 minutes ago, DerekNI said:

I'm guessing in case they get their balls rolled?

I wasn't being serious 

On 6/7/2018 at 10:37 AM, mervillegawa said:

All part of the general erasing/re-writing of the past, of which SF/IRA are the undisputed masters.

Yes the revisionists or whatever the word/phrase is, theyre now viewed as some sort of social crusaders, whilst the dissidents r portrayed as the extremists. 

I for one won’t be going to a game recognising a state which -

Was founded by terrorists along ethnic / religious lines, who carried out terror atacks against British troops and civilians.

Displayed aggressive expansionist attitudes towards it’s near neighbours.

Treated religious minorities within it’s own boundaries with discrimination. 

Has a recent record of voting in hard-liners in large numbers.

Enough about the friendly in Dublin, I will however be going to the game against Israel.

On 9/7/2018 at 11:13 AM, Richardh said:

Noticed an Israel flag on a lampost on Tates Avenue this morning, very welcoming, no Bosnia flags as yet.

Chopper is erecting one as we speak

The reality is an increasing amount of people find incidents like this from Friday https://www.facebook.com/JewishVoiceforPeace/videos/1074945429350499/?t=40  (a child shot dead for throwing a stone at a fence 1km away) rather appalling. That`s before you consider the anti British terrorist campaign at formation and more recent support of Argentina in the Falklands etc 

Against this backdrop the need to keep politics out of sport gets harder to justify. 

Sadly in NI the pro Palestinian lobby is totally controlled by SF/IRA (somewhat ironic given Israel was founded by groups that mimicked the IRA with a leader, Yitzhak Shamir,  that went by "Micheal" in tribute to his hero Michael Collins). This makes the attraction of such protests rather small. 

But hey ho pointless having another political debate and I`m sure the match will pass with no incident given the protests are so far away. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, Richardh said:

Noticed an Israel flag on a lampost on Tates Avenue this morning, very welcoming, no Bosnia flags as yet.

Noticed one in Lisburn yesterday as well

I was a wee bit surprised at the attendance on Saturday.  I think they said it was around 16,700.  If thats the case for a competitve match Id be surpised if the attendance for the Israel game is more than 15k.  Hopefully not lower.

On 9/8/2018 at 12:18 PM, P.McCarroll said:

Chopper is erecting one as we speak

would take some pleasure erecting one between your ears (if there is much in there)?

On 9/3/2018 at 5:30 PM, exhausted said:

Why are they not protesting at the ground?

They'd need 2 taxis and only have enough for 1.

I hope there will be proper searches tonight instead of the usual useless event Sec checks. As we are playing Israel and the significance of this date to terriosts 9/11 in New York all it takes is one nutcase to cause mayhem 

1 hour ago, Thegreenmachine said:

I hope there will be proper searches tonight instead of the usual useless event Sec checks. As we are playing Israel and the significance of this date to terriosts 9/11 in New York all it takes is one nutcase to cause mayhem 

There will be an abundance at Broadway round 7pm