OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

Israel (H) friendly - Sept 11

47 minutes ago, Richardh said:

I see the "Free Palestine" letters going up on Divis, been a while since there's been any activity up there.

Maybe there will be pro Irish language protesters at our game against ROI in Dublin. It makes as much sense to protest your sense of grievance at Kyle Lafferty as this malarkey does. 

Psst - no-one mention Irgun and the Stern Gang and their links with Irish republicanism. It's a bit inconvenient. 

13 minutes ago, Richardh said:

I see the "Free Palestine" letters going up on Divis, been a while since there's been any activity up there.

There was some message about Israel/Palestine etc written on a manky bedsheet hung from a flyover on the Westlink yesterday at rush hour. No idea what it said, the wind and rain had turned it into no more than a wet rag by the time I was going past. Suspect there'll be more later today.

Happy days, free Palestine with every match ticket. Makes up for burger and pint at eleven quid.

People who don't like Northern Ireland are getting annoyed about Northern Ireland again. Imagine that. 

saw the sign coming back in the train today

3 hours ago, PeteM said:

There was some message about Israel/Palestine etc written on a manky bedsheet hung from a flyover on the Westlink yesterday at rush hour. No idea what it said, the wind and rain had turned it into no more than a wet rag by the time I was going past. Suspect there'll be more later today.

It was there on Saturday although I can't remember what it said exactly 

11 minutes ago, exhausted said:

It was there on Saturday although I can't remember what it said exactly 

Something about "There's nothing friendly about Israel's treatment of Palestine" 

Enjoyed the match, been to many dire friendlies and good to see one that  was fairly relaxed, team played well and deserved the result after Saturday.

Obviously ground not full West Stand seemed very sparce round our end but good at least to see North and East well filled. I know people have other commitments such as family, work, travel to the match but really don't understand people otherwise missing these games, I know very regular fans who preferred to sit in weatherspoons in town rather than attend that game, I'll never understand that, miss the opportunity to see owc score goals live!

On way in overheard several families chatting about it being their first game, I always feel slightly embarrassed by that thinkkng the atmosphere could  be a let down but glad it worked out and hope they enjoyed it, got to be a good thing hasn't it? I was also trying to work out how many games I'd done, gave up ?

From the BBC website - 

• "Northern Ireland's last 12 goals in all competitions at Windsor Park have been scored by different players - Ward, Washington, Boyce, Jonny Evans, Brunt, Magennis, an own goal, Smyth, Grigg, Davis, Dallas and Whyte.'

9 hours ago, windsor dreamland said:

couldn't get a programme out the back of the North Stand.  said all sold out.  that was at 7.20pm.   Did they not print enough?!

Did see any at the Kop either, they had loads left when I went in on Saturday with a lot more people there.

Decent performance again last night, if only in patches, it was a friendly after all. Saville and Lewis are real finds. McNair can certainly play a bit (if only we knew were to play him), Evans makes it look so easy at times, Grigg put in a big shift.

And the spreadsheet says that was my 50th NI win, heady times.