Jump to content
OUR WEE COUNTRY
glenn30

Squad v South Korea - new faces

Recommended Posts

Shay Macartan and Michael Smith must be totally out of the reckoning now - thought Smith might have made squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, forty plus said:

Shay Macartan and Michael Smith must be totally out of the reckoning now - thought Smith might have made squad

Could be right about Smith.

As for McCartan, this season he's made 7 starts and 7 appearances off the bench (4 goals), but the last was on 10 Feb.

New manager Larry Grayson took over at Valley Parade on 11 Feb, make of that what you will. (Could just have got injured coincidentally?).

Or it may even be simpler: Michael has already picked 5 forwards, so no point in bringing along a sixth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

As for McCartan, this season he's made 7 starts and 7 appearances off the bench (4 goals), but the last was on 10 Feb.

New manager Larry Grayson took over at Valley Parade on 11 Feb, make of that what you will. (Could just have got injured coincidentally?)

Grayson maybe just simply decided to shut that door on McCartan's international future. He certainly has previous for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Jim (and Mick) but the Indonesian Irn Bru cup leaves me cold ;)

This squad is about continuity. Of those who played in 2018 qualifying one has retired and 2 fringe guys with one sub game apiece are left out. The plane to the Caribbean may be more telling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jcm said:

Grayson maybe just simply decided to shut that door on McCartan's international future. He certainly has previous for that.

It's a pity, 'cause he seems like a nice boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×