OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny

Bars in Sarajevo

I recommend this bar in Sarajevo for anyone keen to try a few local beers and decent food. It's also pretty elegant inside and big. I am unsure if they will stop football colours around matchday but here it is: 

Official Website Piwnica Sarajevo

Piwnica Sarajevo

Bakebook for it

Get your bars down so we know where to get the sauce in (aside from the carryout kings).

I meant to say they also do tours of the brewery (next door) which has a museum. It's fair to say I had a few pints in here...

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I recommend this bar in Sarajevo for anyone keen to try a few local beers and decent food. It's also pretty elegant inside and big. I am unsure if they will stop football colours around matchday but here it is: 

Official Website Piwnica Sarajevo

Cheers for that Jonny, certainly looks good, so will try it.

Only thing is, when I checked out their food menu, it wasn't exactly expensive, but it wasn't as cheap as I expected, either. Is the beer cheap/expensive?

By way of comparison, I was in Wroclaw for a few days a couple of weeks ago, and seemingly comparable restaurants were cheaper than their prices.

(Have you been over to Wroclaw yet? Must say, I liked it)

On 10/05/2018 at 9:17 PM, EalingGreen said:

Cheers for that Jonny, certainly looks good, so will try it.

Only thing is, when I checked out their food menu, it wasn't exactly expensive, but it wasn't as cheap as I expected, either. Is the beer cheap/expensive?

By way of comparison, I was in Wroclaw for a few days a couple of weeks ago, and seemingly comparable restaurants were cheaper than their prices.

(Have you been over to Wroclaw yet? Must say, I liked it)

Yes, Sarajevo is dearer than anywhere in Poland. Poland remains one of the cheapest countries in Europe. Yes I have been to Wrocław a few times, not as keen on it as I am with cities like Gdansk, Warszawa and Lublin but still a decent spot.

I remember some parts of Sarajevo had cheaper local bars, there was a place in the Old Town with a good happy hour and live football on, this was it - http://www.citypub.ba/

My memory is a bit hazy of Sarajevo but it's a great city for sure.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:39 PM, Jonny said:

I remember some parts of Sarajevo had cheaper local bars, there was a place in the Old Town with a good happy hour and live football on, this was it - http://www.citypub.ba/

I was in there the night before the game, along with maybe a hundred GAWA(?), plus quite a few Bosnians.

They had a duo performing, her vocals, him guitar, and they were really very good, with all sorts of songs, Bosnian and "western".

They were genuinely moved when they did Chasing Cars and the whole of the GAWA joined in, and then they did a popular Bosnian equivalent, which all the locals sang.

Brilliant moment - can anyone post up a video?

P.S. Went to leave at some unearthly hour, having already had far too much, when Sammy G, late of this parish, spotted me and pulled me back in for a chat. Great seeing him, but I really didn't need any more drink... :doh:

1 hour ago, EalingGreen said:

I was in there the night before the game, along with maybe a hundred GAWA(?), plus quite a few Bosnians.

They had a duo performing, her vocals, him guitar, and they were really very good, with all sorts of songs, Bosnian and "western".

They were genuinely moved when they did Chasing Cars and the whole of the GAWA joined in, and then they did a popular Bosnian equivalent, which all the locals sang.

P.S. Went to leave at some unearthly hour, having already had far too much, when Sammy G, late of this parish, spotted me and pulled me back in for a chat. Great seeing him, but I really didn't need any more drink... :doh:

I’ve a good capture of it. I’ll try and share somewhere.

11 hours ago, EalingGreen said:

Your friend, Sammy G, put up a few videos on the Everywhere We Go Facebook Page from the bar.  They're good.  As it a members only page I assume I cant post them here.

Run or Chasing Cars would be perfect scarf holding up anthems for us as we saw in Azerbaijan away.  They're great in bars, trickier to get going in a stadium unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, Rod said:

Your friend, Sammy G, put up a few videos on the Everywhere We Go Facebook Page from the bar.  They're good.  As it a members only page I assume I cant post them here.

Run or Chasing Cars would be perfect scarf holding up anthems for us as we saw in Azerbaijan away.  They're great in bars, trickier to get going in a stadium unfortunately.

Not a fan of Snow Patrol by any means but the rendition of 'Chasing Cars' in Maridor when we won was epic.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:04 PM, stephenrowley1 said:

Not a fan of Snow Patrol by any means but the rendition of 'Chasing Cars' in Maridor when we won was epic.

Stephen still keeping them there Bangor hatred opinions? ? Remember I'm an Ards born, Bangor growing up Glenman, who now lives abroad. No issue with any Northern Irish bands, great to see youse had a great time in Sarajevo, still confused about the zero points out of 9 thing, after how close all the games were! 

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

Stephen still keeping them there Bangor hatred opinions? ? Remember I'm an Ards born, Bangor growing up Glenman, who now lives abroad. No issue with any Northern Irish bands, great to see youse had a great time in Sarajevo, still confused about the zero points out of 9 thing, after how close all the games were! 

Not at all Jonny, I just don't like the band.

I wasn't in Sarajevo but I was in Vienna and thoroughly enjoyed it (despite the result of course).

Going to one of your old haunts - Hong Kong - in the new year. I haven't been for twenty years so I'm sure it'll have changed quite a bit since then.

Sign in to follow this