OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Score Prediction v Panama

Don't know much about them but we've a strong enough touring side so

Panama-1 Northern Ireland-2

(Boyce Smyth) 

0-0

Could be dour. According to World Soccer, Panama are a defensively minded 5-4-1 side with ageing centre-backs protected by two defensive midfielders, who aim to hit on the break.

9 minutes ago, davidbr said:

According to World Soccer, Panama are a defensively minded 5-4-1 side with ageing centre-backs protected by two defensive midfielders, who aim to hit on the break.

Nah, can't be, we've got the copyright on that.

not our strongest squad by any means, think we may nick it but going for a 1-1

did i read correctly Kick off is 2am uk time!

3-1 defeat. We never do well in those away friendlies in America. Apart from the Caribbean games, have we ever even won in mainland America? 

2-0, they're at home and players fans will have the World Cup incentive while we've an inexperienced/experimental squad/team.

17 hours ago, aubsni said:

2-0, they're at home and players fans will have the World Cup incentive while we've an inexperienced/experimental squad/team.

Extremely humid out here too. Substitutions and player rotation will be important to get through 2 x 90 minute matches, especially with match fitness levels down (3 weeks after the end of the season).

Panamanians taking it seriously:

England are among Panama's opponents in Group G and the Northern Ireland game will be used as preparation for the 24 June meeting with Gareth Southgate's team in Nizhny Novgorod.

"They are a complicated rival, a typical European team, English bred," said Panama striker Gabriel Torres.

"It's going to be a team we are going to use to measure ourselves to know how we can better apply the work we've been doing.

"We've worked a lot on the physical part. We are going to be working more on tactics once we get to Europe.

"We're going to face this game very seriously, it will be in front of our people. People want to see a show and hopefully we can deliver that."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44219809

I would have no idea what the score will be as I have absolutely no idea how good Panama are. I could probably hazard a better guess though than the IFA can in regards to kick off. Not for the first time the website countdown to kick off clock is not even close to being right. 25 hours out this time. Although to be fair this time they'd have you getting up early for it as opposed to going by their click and finding out you'd missed the whole thing. I guess that's progress.

1-1. It's a winnable game but they're at home and we're a bit under-power.

Haven't seen any posts on predicting our starting 11. However, with the players available, I wonder if he might try playing 3 centre backs in this game? Would be a way of getting as many experienced high quality players onto the park as possible and also experiment with a different shape

Possibly a starting line up along these lines

G) Carson

CD) Cathcart

CD) McAuley

CD) J.Evans

RWB) C.McLaughlin

M) C.Evans

M) McNair

M) Dallas

LWB) Ferguson

S) Boyce

S) Magennis