Hughes, Cathcart, J.Evans, Lewis

C.Evans or McNair

McGinn, Norwood, Saville

Magennis, Grigg

BPF

Smith, Cathcart, J.Evans, Lewis

Jones, Davis, Norwood, Saville

Magennis, Lafferty

Davis is a gamble he may start with Corey Evans in CM as he has played regular for Blackburn

any 2/3 of Grigg, McGinn, Boyce, and McNair to come on 2nd half

1 hour ago, jcm said:

Team v Bosnia:

BPF

Hughes, Cathcart, J.Evans, Lewis

McGinn, Davis, Norwood, Saville

Magennis, Grigg

Not a bad shout, but I'm not quite sure about BPF. Certainly he's one for the future and has had a good start at Leeds. But Carson may have a more reliable temperament at this early stage? That is to say, a competitive international start might be a step too far for BPF at this point in his development. One for Michael to judge in training.

Also Hughes. Smith maybe? (Or Conor Mc certainly, were he getting games.)

Dallas might contend for McGinn, should he get games in the meantime.

Up front is the tricky one.

Boyce seems to be quite sharp at the moment and Michael seems to like him. And Big Laff is (by far) the best of the bunch when fit and on form. Maybe his move to Ibrox will see him on a high?

As ever, we're really picking 11 from 15 or 16, not 23, with form/fitness/suitability for the game in hand the key.

We can shuffle about at the back i mean Paddy Mcnair can play both at RB & CB. Also Jonny Evans can play at LB if we are desperate although he is a rock at CB for us. For the Bosnia game i would go with as solid a team as possible. In terms of this mini 3 team nations league it's important we don't lose the first game.

For me:

Carson

McNair  J Evans Cathcart  Lewis/Hughes

Norwood  Saville

Davis

Ward                                        Dallas

Lafferty

Ward and Dallas can run the legs of themselves with Magennis and Jones/ Mcginn waiting to come on, Boyce or Grigg could impact from the bench also.

1 minute ago, DerekNI said:

We can shuffle about at the back i mean Paddy Mcnair can play...  ...at RB.

Have you forgotten that friendly at Hampden where Paddy played RB and Ikechi Anya (who he?) pretty much annilhillated him?

https://www.11v11.com/matches/scotland-v-northern-ireland-25-march-2015-314489/

1 minute ago, DerekNI said:

Also Jonny Evans can play at LB if we are desperate although he is a rock at CB for us. For the Bosnia game i would go with as solid a team as possible.

Pick your best players in their best positions and then try to fill the gaps as best you can, would be my motto.

And unless Bosnia have a wizard right winger, I'd keep JE in the spine of the team.

5 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Have you forgotten that friendly at Hampden where Paddy played RB and Ikechi Anya (who he?) pretty much annilhillated him?

Pick your best players in their best positions and then try to fill the gaps as best you can, would be my motto.

And unless Bosnia have a wizard right winger, I'd keep JE in the spine of the team.

Anya is a good player and very quick. Not any shame for a young player playing out of position to struggle with him 

4-5-1/4-3-3

Carson

McLaughlin, Cathcart, J Evans, Lewis

Norwood, Davis, Saville

Magennis, Jones 

Lafferty

I think Dallas will start ahead of Jones though as it offers the inexperienced Lewis more defensive protection. Cant see Boyce or Grigg starting. Maybe v Israel.

19 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Anya is a good player and very quick. Not any shame for a young player playing out of position to struggle with him 

I was at that game and it was a horrible watch. McNair has came on a lot since then in terms of both experience and ability not to mention it was a friendly, i'd be more than happy to trust him at RB.

If we could win this Bosnia game and nick a draw in Austria we'd have a great chance of doing something in this group.

39 minutes ago, EalingGreen said:

Juventus playmaker Pjanic has been known to play left, right or no 10 for them. He's far and away their best player in my opinion and could cause any team damage.If he plays right  wing i wouldn't be delighted with young Lewis marking him in his first competitive game....

3 hours ago, EalingGreen said:

Not a bad shout, but I'm not quite sure about BPF. Certainly he's one for the future and has had a good start at Leeds. But Carson may have a more reliable temperament at this early stage? That is to say, a competitive international start might be a step too far for BPF at this point in his development. One for Michael to judge in training.

Also Hughes. Smith maybe? (Or Conor Mc certainly, were he getting games.)

Dallas might contend for McGinn, should he get games in the meantime.

Up front is the tricky one.

Boyce seems to be quite sharp at the moment and Michael seems to like him. And Big Laff is (by far) the best of the bunch when fit and on form. Maybe his move to Ibrox will see him on a high?

As ever, we're really picking 11 from 15 or 16, not 23, with form/fitness/suitability for the game in hand the key.

I based it mostly on who’s getting proper game time at the moment (bar Davis, for obvious reasons).

Think BPF is head and shoulders above any other keeper in our squad, playing for a team at the top of the Championship, having had a new manager come in. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough.

Saville has experience on the left at Wolves and has played as a false 10 before, so can acquiesce and overlap with Lewis on his trips forward.

Think Aaron’s game time and huge experience should count ahead of Smith (although I am being biased!). It was a toss of a coin between Kyle and Josh up top; would have no problem both of them starting but Will’s time has come - give him his chance.

For Bosnia game;                       

Peacock-Farrell

C. McLaughlin       Cathcart       J. Evans       Lewis

McGinn      Saville      Davis      Norwood      Dallas

Lafferty

BPF is the outstanding 'keeper out of the three available to us.

In the absence of Brunt, Lewis has to step up.

McGinn instead of Ward, as wee Jamie isn't getting a kick at club level.

Dallas ahead of Jones, to give a bit of experience down that left hand side.

If you want to play Grigg, it's 3-5-2;

Peacock-Farrell

Hughes       Cathcart       J. Evans

Lafferty           Grigg

37 minutes ago, Clint said:

For Bosnia game;                       

Peacock-Farrell

Lafferty

Peacock-Farrell

Lafferty           Grigg

Nice line-up although Lewis on the left instead of Dallas, who simply isn’t getting game time.

2 hours ago, Clint said:

For Bosnia game;                       

Peacock-Farrell

Lafferty

Peacock-Farrell

Lafferty           Grigg

I'd go for your first line up myself with one change, Magennis on the right ahead of of McGinn. Mainly for his physical presence on set pieces, which always are best chance of scoring. 

MON likes 3 at the back, so:

Carson

Hughes   Evans   Cathcart 

Dallas  Norwood  Davis  Saville  Lewis 

Lafferty Grigg

Unfortunately MON doesn't play Grigg. Unfortunately he always plays Maginnis.

Don't think he'll risk Lewis for the Bosnia game, and he'll find a place for McNair.

Therefore: Carson, Hughes, Evans, Cathcart/McAuley, Dallas (unfortunately), Davis, Norwood, Saville, McNair, Lafferty, Maginnis.