OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
hughes18

Squad v Bosnia (and Israel)

2 hours ago, Jack Russell said:

Laffs is a dead cert to start this one. Hopefully he keeps his head. Big Josh to partner him, with Will Grigg to join the fray if we are chasing something. BPF to start and Gavin Whyte to cameo late on. Get into them! I’m actually missing this one - I think the third home game I will have missed sine the Euro 96 campaign and I’m regretting it now. 

One of by brothers is in Valencia and isn't due back into Belfast until 13.00 tomorrow and he hasn't missed a home game since '75 so you imagine how he feels (and will feel if his flight is delayed tomorrow 😮).

I'm waiting on the call any minute to say he's flying home today just to be sure.

8 minutes ago, stephenrowley1 said:

One of by brothers is in Valencia and isn't due back into Belfast until 13.00 tomorrow and he hasn't missed a home game since '75 so you imagine how he feels (and will feel if his flight is delayed tomorrow 😮).

I'm waiting on the call any minute to say he's flying home today just to be sure.

That will be some race from the airport!

I'm in Majorca, flight tmw at 11.30am and lands at approx 2.10pm, minus the hour that leaves it 1.10pm, prob could have made 2nd half but sitting this one out. 

1 hour ago, mervillegawa said:

Hughes out injured?

assume he still is, was not in the Hearts squad last weekend & didn't see any pictures of him in training this week

1 hour ago, stephenrowley1 said:

If he's coming from the International Airport, you can't get onto the motorway at Templepatrick over the weekend and would have to go along Antrim Road to Sandyknowes Roundabout.

57 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

assume he still is, was not in the Hearts squad last weekend & didn't see any pictures of him in training this week

The BBC said he has returned to hearts 

10 hours ago, EalingGreen said:

The BBC's guy is probably guessing, though he may just have got a wee "headsup" from Michael about (most of) the team:

"Central defender Craig Cathcart is assured of a starting role...

He will most likely be partnered by Leicester City's Evans, with Jamal Lewis handed the opportunity to stake a claim for the left-back berth...

Conor McLaughlin is likely to start at right-back, with Davis, George Saville and Oliver Norwood set to be restored in midfield after missing the summer tour to Central America.

Kilmarnock winger Jordan Jones may be handed a chance to impress, while Gavin Whyte hopes for a first senior cap and Stuart Dallas will hope to feature despite a lack of game-time for Leeds."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45379626

Obviously he's not so sure about goalkeeper and strikers (or Michael may not have made his final choice there).

Looks like the expectation is that he will stick with 3 in midfield and 1 up front supported by 2 wingers. Think that would be a good call

51 minutes ago, eightball said:

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/season=2019/teams/team=63/squad/

BPF has the No 1 jersey in this squad list. No McAuley listed (probably not fit enough).

I am looking forward to seeing our line-up - not long to go!

With McAuley and Hughes not there, we're quite short of centre backs. I guess McNair will be the cover in case Cathcart or J.Evans get injured

Team now confirmed by the BBC website. Interesting to see that Peacock-Farrell and McGinn are starting

Northern Ireland

• 1Peacock-Farrell
  • 2McLaughlin
  • 5Evans
  • 20Cathcart
  • 3Lewis
  • 16Norwood
  • 8Davis
  • 6Saville
  • 7McGinn
  • 10Lafferty
  • 14Dallas