OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny

Match predictions v. Bosnia-Herzegovina

On 9/5/2018 at 8:56 PM, CityofLisburn said:

Must say even though our core support continues to grow i would have expected a sell out for this being a competitive game , not sure the IFA are doing much to sell the remaining tickets outside social media

I'm sure they could do more, but for anyone who wants to go, it isn't difficult to get access to tickets

Taken from Facebook

So thought perhaps I would take my daughter and her friend along to the international on Saturday.

Think again,

Cheapest tickets away down in the corner of the north stand the sh*test view are £40 each!!!!!!! No kids tickets!!!!

So 90 mins of a football match that's a glorified friendly would cost me £120 add to that travel, food drinks etc it means that a football match would cost me

£150 quid!!!!!,
For two hours entertainment!

f**k off!

So no way I could afford that!
Not only could I not afford it, if I could I couldn't justify shelling that out for an afternoons entertainment!

Now someone tell me that the Northern Ireland international team is for all!

Myself and my daughter and her friend went to mournview this season to follow the blues,

The whole day, a cracking game, great centre pitch view, stonking atmosphere, competitive, passion, incident, food, drinks, travel the works !

£30!!!!!!!

The Northern Ireland team GAWA etc, is now for the rugger middle class crowd, the regular real fanatics and young lads whose paycheck is beer tolkens and pocket money,

It's not for ordinary working people with mortgages etc.

This would be fine if the IFA had financed the Windsor park renovations with private investment.

But they didn't!!! they got public tax payers money!!!

but now I'm priced out of going to the stadium my taxes helped pay for!

Despite assurances by the IFA that the new stadium would be for everyone!

1 hour ago, GPJim said:

I'm sure they could do more, but for anyone who wants to go, it isn't difficult to get access to tickets

Taken from Facebook

So thought perhaps I would take my daughter and her friend along to the international on Saturday.

Think again,

Cheapest tickets away down in the corner of the north stand the sh*test view are £40 each!!!!!!! No kids tickets!!!!

There was kids/u16 tickets available yesterday for £16 in the Railway Stand (I was checking for my sister and nephew). Can't complain about availability if you leave it to the last minute? 

£30 for admission, food, drinks, travel, stonking atmosphere etc for three people to Mourneview doesn't sound right. Did they walk? 

Ticket prices aren't down to who paid for the stadium, its down to supply and the supposed demand (but they may have misjudged the demand this time, those 30000 on the waiting list mustn't fancy this one). 

Bringing my son to his first Northern Ireland game tomorrow and this has made me  nervous about the match. 

Am praying we get a result and get him hooked.

3-1 to us. Lafferty Magennis and Grigg. 

Come on the green Brazil

2 minutes ago, culchie said:

Bringing my son to his first Northern Ireland game tomorrow and this has made me  nervous about the match. 

3-1 to us. Lafferty Magennis and Grigg. 

Come on the green Brazil

Win, lose or draw I hope he gets hooked! Hope he enjoys every minute.

10 minutes ago, culchie said:

Hope he enjoys it. It's the atmosphere and vibe which will get him hooked, not the result. Enjoy. 

I'll go 2-1, maybe conceding but coming back into it just before/after half time and then a late winner, maybe from Grigg, on as a substitute.

At least that's how I think the dream sequence went.

14 hours ago, Richardh said:

There was kids/u16 tickets available yesterday for £16 in the Railway Stand (I was checking for my sister and nephew).

There wasn`t a few weeks back, I`m taking entire family to this one and was only full price left. (£45 for a 4 year old girl is harsh) I`m guessing they released more due to poor tickets sales. 

Given they were not much different in price for kids I decided to do the VIP match day experience which is aimed at kids and hosted by Tommy Wright. Not cheap but I`m sure a good day awaits.

Hopefully IFA learn their lesson on pricing after this and we avoid another match with so many empty seats.£75 for South stand lower is just insane frankly and why virtually all still sitting unbought. I also think any seat should have the option to be child or full price. 

As for prediction 2 - 0 to NI. Our fire power will be too much for these big bad moslems 

no surprise with Hughes & McAuley

Josh is quite a loss been in good form, injured in training?

from the Beeb:

Josh Magennis missed training on Friday and will be checked over on Saturday.

Magennis, who has been on target three times this season, is suffering from a groin complaint.