OUR WEE COUNTRY
exhausted

Post mortem

10 hours ago, RaveDave said:

The parts in bold are simply ridiculous, i really don't think you have been watching us from the Kingsley Black days and all that we have went through since then, if you want rid of Michael O'Neill, utter madness.

Any time I read someone calling for Michael 0'Neill to get the boot I just smile and wonder if they are joking or are mentally ill and particularly in the context of yesterday's performance.

10 hours ago, RaveDave said:

The parts in bold are simply ridiculous, i really don't think you have been watching us from the Kingsley Black days and all that we have went through since then, if you want rid of Michael O'Neill, utter madness.

I think you'll probably find that is tongue in cheek and unless I'm mistaken 'Blanch Flowers' has been going to games probably before you (and maybe even Kingsley Black) were born.

Very disappointing result in what was a good overall performance, on another day we could have won easily.

Thought the atmosphere was great especially for an early afternoon kick off

Really impressed by our midfield was sort of hoping MON would have put on someone up front with Lafferty at half time think that would have made a big difference 

You can see rebuilding taking place slowly  and it will take time to settle but must say i would be pretty positive re future on what i saw yesterday

after watchng the highlights again Lewis was great going forward a great find, maybe not so strong defensively

Def penalty, both their goals could & should have been prevented

As most have already stated I thought we played super and just one of those games were it didn't work out for us. I have said many times that we need to make Grigg our number one up front and play to his strengths, he got one sniff and scored, should have been on with at least 30 mins left. Our midfield controlled the game and it was just a bit of bad luck for both goals, our only problem was the last killer ball and attempt on goal. Young keeper did alright and good to have him and Lewis on board, lets hope they draw with Austria then we'll tank both of them in Oct!:owc:

6 hours ago, BigDavyG said:

Agree on Dallas. Think he'll get a lot of good reviews for his performance, but the final ball was very, very poor by and large.

2 hours ago, besty said:

We spent too much time passing across the back line without penetration.

It just goes to show, it's all about perceptions.

I'd disagree with both of those points. 

I'm not saying that all of Dallas's crosses were great, but their defence was very good and dealt with most of what we threw at them. Last ditch at times, and with little help from a poor midfield, but they got in the way.

As for passing it across the back. It happened a few times, as it does in most matches, but not to any great degree. The most noticeable thing for me was how often we nicked the ball off them high up the pitch and then proceeded to keep possession and with intent. 

3 hours ago, besty said:

As an aside, total bellend who chucked a bottle in the Kop. Who did he think he was trying to hit - women, kids, Northern Ireland fans? No place for you at the games. Dont drink on an empty head!!

I saw that balloon. Threw a glass beer bottle in an attempt to get it on the pitch. It landed somewhere in the fist few rows of our fans. Disgraceful behaviour. There were kids there. And a glasss bottle to the head could have been serious.

He was a wee stubby short arse, with a blue bucket hat. I’ll know him again.

He was in block D, row L, in seat 11 or 12. I’ll be ringing IFA on Monday.

How did he get a bottle in? Eventsec are very quick to take cartons of juice etc off little kids but every game there are people bringing in glass bottles. 

Also on another security related topic, the last few matches the away fans seem to be scattered around the ground. Any reason for this?

4 minutes ago, exhausted said:

How did he get a bottle in? Eventsec are very quick to take cartons of juice etc off little kids but every game there are people bringing in glass bottles. 

Also on another security related topic, the last few matches the away fans seem to be scattered around the ground. Any reason for this?

security is a joke..few fellas two rows in front of me consumed a bottle of bucky during the match.

also did not get searched at all..the woman just waved me on through so if you want to get something into the ground just hand it to a female !

58 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Simple answer probably - our lot won't buy the tickets so they are readily available for anyone who wants them and I would (and have done on numerous occasions) done the same.

There are alway away fans in the south stand but I’m thinking  would this be family and friends of the away team. 

3 hours ago, Nimrod said:

I saw that balloon. Threw a glass beer bottle in an attempt to get it on the pitch. It landed somewhere in the fist few rows of our fans. Disgraceful behaviour. There were kids there. And a glasss bottle to the head could have been serious.

He was a wee stubby short arse, with a blue bucket hat. I’ll know him again.

He was in block D, row L, in seat 11 or 12. I’ll be ringing IFA on Monday.

Lifetime ban for the w***er, please and thank you.

Pretty good performance yesterday, I’m optimistic for the qualifiers. Norwood played well (and I reckon he’s done sod all since crossing for McAuley against Ukraine) and I thought that was Davo’s best game for a long time too. I expected more from Bosnia tbh. 

Didn't make the game but watched it back and cannot believe we didn't even get a point! An excellent performance but very wasteful at times, would love to see Jordan Jones and Will Grigg get a start on Tues night, if we play like that against Israel then it could be some night, come Euro 2020 qualification I think this squad will be better and a bit more savvy so I think there is plenty to get excited about. 

Really good lively performance but not enough quality (or luck) in the final third. Loads of decent crosses but only one man in the box, especially first half hour, needed to get more players into the box. Loads of possession but couldn't create anything through the middle, everything went wide, got a bit predictable. So many corners were wasted. 

Grigg was ready to come on before the second goal went in, I wonder if that was for Lafferty or someone else? Very unlucky we conceded just then either way. Boyce got ready after the second goal and the double change to two up top made a difference. 

Bits of the Kop like a nightclub again, the security searches are a nonsense.