OUR WEE COUNTRY
exhausted

Post mortem

19 minutes ago, windsor dreamland said:

Anyone know why the side gate at Olympia Drive was closed on Saturday? 

It will be closed from now on apparently. There’s another entrance about 200 metres down the road to the right.

7 minutes ago, Villa Mike said:

It will be closed from now on apparently. There’s another entrance about 200 metres down the road to the right.

Cheers..I went in via Boucher on Saturday and  noticed it was shut...I usually do go in via Olympia  though 

I think that was the most frustrating game I have watched in a long time. We were really solid in the middle and had loads of the ball but really did nothing with it.

Laff was below average, he needs the ball on the deck to be most effective. Should have played Grigg and Laff from the start, Dallas i thought was poor.

Jiimmy Sav and Norwood both looked sharp and fit. The second goal was Cathcarts fault, back header was under hit

What disappointed me most was the ease at which they scored, teams much better than that have battered us for 90 mins and never scored. They had 2 chances and scored twice.

27 minutes ago, ULSTERHEARTS said:

Jiimmy Sav and Norwood both looked sharp and fit.

FFS I wouldn't be giving him that as a nickname any time soon.

30 minutes ago, ULSTERHEARTS said:

Dallas i thought was poor.

I thought he was fantastic. (bar some of his final crosses) 

As someone said above it`s amazing how different everyone can perceive a game

Think its the best we've seen from Norwood for a while, some superb long diagonal passes, though his set piece delivery wasn't great.

Grigg is surely worth a run, though I don't think either him or Boyce can be used as a lone striker; Boyce doesn't have the pace. Either try Grigg with Lafferty against Israel, or start with Grigg and Boyce. Lafferty was too isolated, especially in the first half. Grigg is the closest we have to a 'fox in the box'

38 minutes ago, matt said:

I thought he was fantastic. (bar some of his final crosses) 

As someone said above it`s amazing how different everyone can perceive a game

In my opinion a  winger can't be fantastic if his final ball was poor all game 

On 9/9/2018 at 10:01 AM, chopper1 said:

after watchng the highlights again Lewis was great going forward a great find, maybe not so strong defensively

Def penalty, both their goals could & should have been prevented

I agree with the going forward part but the first goal was mainly his fault, he just let his man make the run across the box to tap in

Like everyone, came away from that match thinking how did we lose. That's the best I have seen them play in a long time but at the end of the day it's about putting the ball in the back of the net.

Some great spells of possession and moving the ball into the final third but we just lacked that killer instinct.

Both their goals were obvious mistakes down to bad defending.

The 1st one started from BPF's bad kick and ended with Lewis (who didn't have the best of games) completely switching off (not the first time he has done this) and allowing his man to run across him to score a tap in. Lack of awareness and communication.

The 2nd was obviously a bad header back to BPF but on reflection I think he maybe could have went for the ball a bit more.

23 hours ago, Nimrod said:

I saw that balloon. Threw a glass beer bottle in an attempt to get it on the pitch. It landed somewhere in the fist few rows of our fans. Disgraceful behaviour. There were kids there. And a glasss bottle to the head could have been serious.

He was a wee stubby short arse, with a blue bucket hat. I’ll know him again.

He was in block D, row L, in seat 11 or 12. I’ll be ringing IFA on Monday.

He was in the row directly in front of us and plenty of us gave him what for when he threw it.

You are correct with his location and I hope something is done about it by the IFA

58 minutes ago, D Coop Ulster said:

Like everyone, came away from that match thinking how did we lose. That's the best I have seen them play in a long time but at the end of the day it's about putting the ball in the back of the net.

Some great spells of possession and moving the ball into the final third but we just lacked that killer instinct.

Both their goals were obvious mistakes down to bad defending.

The 1st one started from BPF's bad kick and ended with Lewis (who didn't have the best of games) completely switching off (not the first time he has done this) and allowing his man to run across him to score a tap in. Lack of awareness and communication.

The 2nd was obviously a bad header back to BPF but on reflection I think he maybe could have went for the ball a bit more.

Agree with all of that. 30 mins in I was thinking this is the best I've ever seen us play and how far has Michael taken us. He really has worked miracles. Then the sucker punch. 

Bit disapointed with Cathcartto be honest. He really has to step up now he's no longer an understudy. Expect premier league defenders to be sharper and more dominant but hopefully this was just a blip.

P.s. Prosinecki has let him self go big style! 

3 hours ago, ULSTERHEARTS said:

I think that was the most frustrating game I have watched in a long time. We were really solid in the middle and had loads of the ball but really did nothing with it.

Laff was below average, he needs the ball on the deck to be most effective. Should have played Grigg and Laff from the start, Dallas i thought was poor.

Jiimmy Sav and Norwood both looked sharp and fit. The second goal was Cathcarts fault, back header was under hit

What disappointed me most was the ease at which they scored, teams much better than that have battered us for 90 mins and never scored. They had 2 chances and scored twice.

I find the bit in bold astonishing, I don't think he's played better for us!!

Dallas was great bursting forward but his crossing was abysmal and he missed what was virtually an open net.

after about 20 minutes and all the possession we had had with no goal scored I said to my brother this is the type of game we will end up loosing i.e. all possession and no end result!

sad to say I was proved right