OUR WEE COUNTRY
exhausted

Post mortem

The 2 new players need a bit of time to settle in and will get better without a doubt. Like many on here I thought we played well and all that was lacking was a bit more quality with the final pass.

Cathcart and BPF both to blame, Cathcart slightly moreso. He should just be heading it away down the line there instead of trying to be cute. At the same time, given Cathcart headed it, BPF should go for the ball with his hands. I appreciate he doesn't want to foul the attacker and concede a penalty, but I still feel he could have reached it with his hands - it's not like it was a backpass.

4 minutes ago, GREENISLAND GAWA said:

Slightly off topic but can anyone recall who we played in our last competitive game on a Saturday afternoon?

Thanks in advance.

Poland? Aurthur day?

Or Iceland ‘06?

4 minutes ago, Richardh said:

Wales at the Euros? Or was that 6pm, too late? 

I had only Windsor in my head, I think the Poland game wasn’t quite afternoon either, more evening time. Sanchez put stop to mid afternoon games if I remember rightly after the Iceland game?

1 minute ago, faircountyboy said:

I had only Windsor in my head, I think the Poland game wasn’t quite afternoon either, more evening time. Sanchez put stop to mid afternoon games if I remember rightly after the Iceland game?

Uefa/FIFA set the kick offs now. San Marino at home and Azerbaijan away were both Saturdays last campaign but both were in the evening.