OUR WEE COUNTRY
exhausted

Post mortem

Despite the result there's obviously a lot of positives to take out of that performance. We played some lovely stuff, though the positivity is tempered somewhat by a sneaking suspicion that Bosnia are fairly pish and that they were happy enough sitting deep rather than our pressing forcing them back.

Aside from Cathcart looking half-cut my biggest concerns were the waste from corners and wide positions - these are situations any team should be able to improve significantly on the training ground. On top of that, when it was obvious we weren't getting the results our possession merited from wide positions we made no attempt to thread balls or beat men through the middle. Trying to mix it up a bit might have also improved the quality of situations we ended up in on the flanks.

Post McAuuley era begins, more or less. Lafferty never looked like doing much, couldn't even win a free kick. Boyce more effective at holding the ball up!

Glad to see grigg come in from the cold and get a reward. With a better killer instinct we could batter a team playing like that.

Dallas and Lewis looked to be developing a decent understanding, Dallas in particular seemed very sharp. Nothing for peacock-farrell to do other than not balls it up which he sort of did, in run up to their first goal.

funny game most frustrating our strength-the defence let us down with 2 sloppy goals conceded, great to see Grigg on & what a finish

Not often we dominate a game as the stats below 26 shots to 5 show but the final ball in the box free kick or corner often wasted

We were a joy to watch in first 30 mins, Norwood,, McGinn & Dallas were superb, Davis, Saville good too, BPF im not sure of? at least him & Lewis are tied to us

Had we been given the penalty in the 1st minute things would have been much different

Possession
Home68%
Away32%
Shots
Home26
Away5
Shots on Target
Home8
Away3
Corners
Home18
Away1
Fouls
Home12
Away15

We need to find a way to get Grigg on. He's our only natural finisher.

Was tearing my hair out at all the short corners. 

Although he's been a great servant for us was disappointed to see Ward come on ahead of Jones.

Thought Lewis looked nervous at the start but went on and did well.

BPF did well too but needs to work on kicking the ball with his right foot 

8 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Was tearing my hair out at all the short corners

So frustrating especially when our biggest threat over last two campaigns has been from set pieces. Know McCauley wasn't on but still surely better to just put it in the box. 18 corners, the vast majority wasted. On the plus side along with Switzerland away was our best performance in some time, just one of those days it wasn't coming off, and great to see Grigg get a goal. Certainly nothing to fear for the away fixture.

18 corners......18 fecking corners and no return

On a brighter note....damn sally fields looks fine in smokey and the bandit!!

Really strange game to sum up, but the result was definitely our own doing. Really strong starting lineup, but poor decision making in the attacking areas and lack of concentration at the back cost us the game.

I thought Norwood controlled the game well from midfield, but poor set pieces let him down. And there's absolutely no need for short corner routines in professional football.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bosnia team are not as poor as their first half display would suggest - they looked shambolic to begin with, but played to their strengths in the second half and got the result. The away match will definitely be harder for us.

Frustrating experience. Played pretty well but our lack of a cutting edge is as evident as it has ever been.

An inauspicious debut for BBF.

Great performance from Norwood.

Dallas must have hit about 25 crosses. 1 of them was decent.

Whoever dictated our approach to 17 out of 18 corners needs a good kick in the balls.

As does Lafferty who was our worst player by a country mile. Was back to his old, diving self. Must be the Glasgow air.

1 hour ago, Godfry said:

18 corners......18 fecking corners and no return

17 corners and no return... the one we actually put in the box at the end, we scored from. I was losing my mind with the short corners. The nadir being when someone took one short to Cathcart to cross in..

I thought we played one of our best games in a long time.  I mean something like 30 shots??? Thats crazy by our standards.  You have to be overall happy with the performance.  It was one of those days when we just couldnt score.  Any other day I think we would have won.

I always thought Boyce was a pudding and I nothing today makes me change that opinion. Why nearly every time is Dallas's final pass very poor?

Is it time to move on from Kyle Lafferty, in an over all good team performance he was clearly not at it today, always falling over or fouling, not a single effort on goal, where as, Boyce and Grigg both looked sharper and carried a goal threat. Is Kyle living on reputation these days for NI!

Struggling to remember a game we dominated like that. Even the Faroes, Malta and Litchenstein had much more even stats! Incredible we lost. 

Positives

Lewis and Dallas had a great understanding and caused real issues down that flank, often with a wee overlap between them that left Bosnia in pieces. Only end product was less effective.

McGinn was sharp and caused issues down other flank

Saville, Norwood and Davis oozed quality all through the match

Boyce and Grigg showed they are capable of causing issues

Atmosphere was decent thought between the Bosnians with their tops off, and half our support wearing jeans so tight they must have been sprayed on, I thought i had stumbled into a pride parade at times. 

Negatives

Lafferty was appalling. For someone so tall I`ve never seen someone so poor in the air. Ironically when Boyce came on (who can actually manage to head) the decision was made to take all corners short!

Peackcock was rather average but give him time I guess. Aside from mistake with goal his distribution as poor. Couple of decent saves mind you.

Bizarrely it was a pleasing performance. We created so much it was a joy to see at time.