OUR WEE COUNTRY
Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Starting XI v Israel

7 minutes ago, eightball said:

Lafferty sat out training today after his injury on Saturday. I'd be surprised if he was risked.

from BBC Sport

the squad picked up no new injuries in the Bosnia game with Kyle Lafferty rested from Monday morning's training session as a precaution.

54 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

Carson

McNair                 Evans            Cathcart

Smith              Saville          Davis          Norwood      Lewis

Lafferty            Grigg

Boyce in for Lafferty and you might be onto something there.

54 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

Loads of changes in 2nd half, Jones, McGinn, Dallas, Washington, Ward, Boyce, Evans, Whyte, & Ferguson getting on at some stage

There'll be an awful lot of unhappy people about Windsor if that happens. IIRC Sven's arsing about caused FIFA/UEFA to step in and limit subs in friendlies. I could be wrong, but I think the limit is five.

6 minutes ago, Clint said:

Boyce in for Lafferty and you might be onto something there.

There'll be an awful lot of unhappy people about Windsor if that happens. IIRC Sven's arsing about caused FIFA/UEFA to step in and limit subs in friendlies. I could be wrong, but I think the limit is five.

maybe my mistake Clint, thought there was no limit to subs in friendlies. IF McGovern has gone back to Norwich will he be playing-likely not

If 5 is the case you would think any players that didn't figure on Saturday would get a run out a couple will not get any game time

The number of subs in a friendly was 6 - unless it has been changed.

Limit is 6 in an 'official' friendly which this is (as opposed to say the 'closed doors' game with the South in 2015).

Let's say 3 changes to starting line-up (Boyce, Grigg and Corry for Laffs, McGinn and Davis).

3 at the back because with 5 in midfield that's the only way to fit in 2 up front.

Carson, Smith, McNair, Whyte, Jones and Washington to come on for Bailey, McLaughlin, Norwood, Dallas, J Evans and Boyce. 21 of the available 22 players used. 

12 hours ago, eightball said:

Lafferty sat out training today after his injury on Saturday. I'd be surprised if he was risked.

Arse burns from diving so often ?

13 minutes ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

Let's say 3 changes to starting line-up (Boyce, Grigg and Corry for Laffs, McGinn and Davis).

You wouldn't start Davis? Here's me, wha?

4 minutes ago, Clint said:

You wouldn't start Davis? Here's me, wha?

i certainly would, though probably play only for 0ne half

It's a friendly. We need to try someone who will likely replace him sometime during this campaign. I would start him in all the other NL games if fit.

If he does start it'll likely be only for 45 minutes. If you insist, bring McNair on for him then

Yeah agreed would let Saville have his time running it see how it goes. No way Lafferty can start you'd think.

Peacock Farrel

Mcloughlin

Lewis

J Evans

Cathcart

Davis

Saville

Norwood

Ward

Dallas

Grigg

35 minutes ago, Campbell said:

Peacock Farrel

Mcloughlin

Lewis

J Evans

Cathcart

Davis

Saville

Norwood

Ward

Dallas

Grigg

Would rather Jones or Whyte played ahead of Ward. Need to get them integrated into the side 

1 hour ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

It's a friendly. We need to try someone who will likely replace him sometime during this campaign. I would start him in all the other NL games if fit.

Fair point. After Saturday I just want to see if that midfield three can do it again.

You also have to consider the fact that he's not getting a game at Southampton, so he could probably do with a run.

1 hour ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

If he does start it'll likely be only for 45 minutes. If you insist, bring McNair on for him then

I know it'll not work like this, but I'd make all my subs in one go at about the 60 minute mark. Change 3/4 players, and the shape, and play out the last half hour differently.

I think Mon will start with as strong a team as possible, with the only change being Boyce and Grigg starting.They did make a difference when they came on. Even though we played well on Saturday a win would be very welcome, don't want  " Haven't won in x number of games " crap being talked about every time we have a game now.

As usual expect to see changes made throughout the second half, would like to see Whyte get a bit of a run out and maybe do a Smyth and score on his debut.