Jump to content
OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

Recommended Posts

This fixture and the joint anouncement with the FAI should never have happened.Delaney and company must be having a right old belly laugh at our expense.No backbone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, espana82 said:

That's the final straw for my squad of 10. None of us are taking our ticket allocation for this school day trip. Treated like P4's on an away day, probably the outcome the IFA wanted 

Known for a fortnight that tickets would have to be collected in Dublin, why is the announcement of a (bit vague) location the final straw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Campbell said:

This fixture and the joint anouncement with the FAI should never have happened.Delaney and company must be having a right old belly laugh at our expense.No backbone 

Exactly. They must be laughing their tits off at Nelson and Martin. Absolutely clueless. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the BT, Nelson confirmed yesterday that there will be 3,000 NI fans in Dublin. Certainly more than I expected, although I remain dubious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hughes18 said:

According to the BT, Nelson confirmed yesterday that there will be 3,000 NI fans in Dublin. Certainly more than I expected, although I remain dubious.

While a few folks on here say they're not going, the fixture will still attract a large volume of fans, due to the proximity and the opposition. I wouldn't be surprised if the number far exceeded 3k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loads of buses being organised judging by facebook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hughes18 said:

According to the BT, Nelson confirmed yesterday that there will be 3,000 NI fans in Dublin. Certainly more than I expected, although I remain dubious.

And as many journalists and cameramen waiting for a "slip up" to further their agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Campbell said:

And as many journalists and cameramen waiting for a "slip up" to further their agenda.

To be honest mate, as much as the journos can be dicks, I'd save my ire for the wabs who might be planning the 'slip ups'. Ultimately, they are the problem. I hate the fact this game is happening.....usually a NI game is my top priority, nothing else gets in the way...work, family, holidays, anything...but I don't even want to watch this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SectionE said:

Where and when do we get the vouchers to collect the tickets? 

I'd hope they will be emailed or available to download from your IFA account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SectionE said:

Where and when do we get the vouchers to collect the tickets? 

 

Collect at Drogheda ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 10:35 AM, Richardh said:

Known for a fortnight that tickets would have to be collected in Dublin, why is the announcement of a (bit vague) location the final straw?

There are a few reasons why we are all not going and thanks for pointing out that this information is not new, we all knew this and were weighing things up.

Getting out of work early

Going to work on Friday feeling wrecked (if going at all)

The ticket collection will probably be in a cold, dark, wet and mucky car park 2 miles away from the Aviva

Each individual has to collect their own ticket, leading to mile long queues

The £41 price tag for a f.uckin friendly

Now multiply that by 10 men and me waiting on their final decision before I book our bus that we were sharing with another local NISC 

Is that enough reasons for you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 1:21 PM, Rod said:

Loads of buses being organised judging by facebook

I’m sure they’ll be full of sensible people.

Terrible decision to play this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2018 at 9:42 PM, buckfast_kid said:

It’s only a school day trip if you want it to be.  Collecting tickets away isn’t that unusual if that’s what you are referring to.

I've collected tickets in Prague and Moscow among other places over the last 10 years and am well aware of that procedure. The difference in every other case is that the lead block booker could've collected all tickets in his or her account so in a case of one person picking up let's say 35 tickets in their group there would be 35 people in the queue instead of one. Queuing up a short time later to gain entry into the stadium on top of that on a freezing cold and wet night for a £41 friendly is something none of us has control over. So as I said it's a P4 school trip. The IFA don't want any of us really going, let's be honest about this it's a mandatory UEFA match that financially suited both associations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, espana82 said:

I've collected tickets in Prague and Moscow among other places over the last 10 years and am well aware of that procedure. The difference in every other case is that the lead block booker could've collected all tickets in his or her account so in a case of one person picking up let's say 35 tickets in their group there would be 35 people in the queue instead of one. Queuing up a short time later to gain entry into the stadium on top of that on a freezing cold and wet night for a £41 friendly is something none of us has control over. So as I said it's a P4 school trip. The IFA don't want any of us really going, let's be honest about this it's a mandatory UEFA match that financially suited both associations

And yet you still went to the hassle of Prague and Moscow but can't wait a while to get a ticket in Dublin.  Not having a go mate, just seems an odd logic to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×