OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

Those IFA emails are so far ambiguous on who needs to show Id and collect tickets,  it may still possibly only be the lead booker

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Those IFA emails are so far ambiguous on who needs to show Id and collect tickets,  it may still possibly only be the lead booker

That's my thinking, how are they going to check everyone and give out 3000 tickets in a few hours?  I'm guessing they've just wrote it to discourage people from selling their tickets on.

1 hour ago, buckfast_kid said:

That's my thinking, how are they going to check everyone and give out 3000 tickets in a few hours?  I'm guessing they've just wrote it to discourage people from selling their tickets on.

Yes it will be lead bookers only I would say, and they are being purposely ambiguous at this stage

They're definitely not making it up as they go along and have no history of ever doing so.

6 hours ago, espana82 said:

I've collected tickets in Prague and Moscow among other places over the last 10 years and am well aware of that procedure. The difference in every other case is that the lead block booker could've collected all tickets in his or her account so in a case of one person picking up let's say 35 tickets in their group there would be 35 people in the queue instead of one. Queuing up a short time later to gain entry into the stadium on top of that on a freezing cold and wet night for a £41 friendly is something none of us has control over. So as I said it's a P4 school trip. The IFA don't want any of us really going, let's be honest about this it's a mandatory UEFA match that financially suited both associations

4 hours ago, buckfast_kid said:

And yet you still went to the hassle of Prague and Moscow but can't wait a while to get a ticket in Dublin.  Not having a go mate, just seems an odd logic to me. 

I wish I was a lot closer ,as I'd have no problem  travelling a 100 mile to see OWC.

but that's another story abviously.

good on the support heading Mexican way.

4 hours ago, buckfast_kid said:

And yet you still went to the hassle of Prague and Moscow but can't wait a while to get a ticket in Dublin.  Not having a go mate, just seems an odd logic to me. 

Yes mate it's the queues outside in a dark car park that's the difference between a 4 star hotel in the city centre's and I collected all our tickets at once sometimes being 17 tickets

1 minute ago, espana82 said:

Yes mate it's the queues outside in a dark car park that's the difference between a 4 star hotel in the city centre's and I collected all our tickets at once sometimes being 17 tickets

1 minute ago, espana82 said:

No dought , it does seem a big pita just to watch a friendly .

lots of patience required and commitment alright,

i now no what you mean.

9 hours ago, Villa Mike said:

I’m sure they’ll be full of sensible people.

Terrible decision to play this game.

I'm going so that's one for a start!!

22 hours ago, espana82 said:

There are a few reasons why we are all not going and thanks for pointing out that this information is not new, we all knew this and were weighing things up.

Getting out of work early

Going to work on Friday feeling wrecked (if going at all)

The ticket collection will probably be in a cold, dark, wet and mucky car park 2 miles away from the Aviva

Each individual has to collect their own ticket, leading to mile long queues

The £41 price tag for a f.uckin friendly

Now multiply that by 10 men and me waiting on their final decision before I book our bus that we were sharing with another local NISC 

Is that enough reasons for you

Handing the FAI €45 as they continue to monitor and target our youth players on a sectarian basis, should be enough 

22 hours ago, espana82 said:

There are a few reasons why we are all not going and thanks for pointing out that this information is not new, we all knew this and were weighing things up.

Getting out of work early

Going to work on Friday feeling wrecked (if going at all)

The ticket collection will probably be in a cold, dark, wet and mucky car park 2 miles away from the Aviva

Each individual has to collect their own ticket, leading to mile long queues

The £41 price tag for a f.uckin friendly

Now multiply that by 10 men and me waiting on their final decision before I book our bus that we were sharing with another local NISC 

Is that enough reasons for you

Handing the FAI €45 as they continue to monitor and target our youth players on a sectarian basis, should be enough