OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Green said:

This is the incident after which I lost any respect for the man (I had no disrespect for him).

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/which-truth-is-it-then-mr-lennon-28501966.html

Plays to the crowd.  He’s a liar.

A liar with popcorn teeth. 

Pathetic excuse for a man. 

Yes, I'm aware of that. (I'm also aware that he has said a lot of positive things about us and continues to do so when he's being a Sky pundit.) I'm prepared to give him a bye ball on the Cliftonville q&a as I know he suffers from depression and that can alter the way you view things. I don't necessarily think he was playing to the crowd.

He can come across as a bit of a wab, but like somebody pointed out earlier on, those fans who hate him would love it if he was acting in the exact same way for their club. To me his reactions seem harmless enough and mildly entertaining.

Anyway, it's all speculation on my part as I've never met the guy.

McAuley and Lafferty back. Four keepers including Hazard. No Norwood (EDIT: suspended), Jordan Thompson included. Smyth back but still no Washington. 28 players! Liam Donnelly was due to be called up but for injury.

McGovern, Carson, BPF, Hazard

Hughes, McAuley, J Evans, C McLaughlin, Smith, Lewis, Cathcart, McNair, Flanagan

Davis, Ferguson, McGinn, C Evans, Dallas, Saville, Jones, Whyte, Thompson

Lafferty, Magennis, Boyce, Ward, Smyth, Vassell

17 hours ago, richboy said:

He can come across as a bit of a wab, but like somebody pointed out earlier on, those fans who hate him would love it if he was acting in the exact same way for their club. To me his reactions seem harmless enough and mildly entertaining.

100% agree with this view of Lennon.

One of the funniest moments of last season was Lennon running onto the pitch in jubilation after their late equaliser in the bonkers Hibs 5-5 Rangers match.

It's football as entertainment - not to be taken too seriously, sorry Bill Shankly.

Fitness issues up front with Lafferty & Grigg. Washington missing again.

Looking forward to Thompson - this guy really establish himself.

Good to see Thompson, Hazard and Smyth, Mick must see something in Vassell for him to be named again otherwise a fairly strong squad. 

7 minutes ago, hughes18 said:

McAuley and Lafferty back. Four keepers including Hazard. No Norwood (must be injured?), Jordan Thompson included. Smyth back but still no Washington. 28 players! Liam Donnelly was due to be called up but for injury.

McGovern, Carson, BPF, Hazard

Hughes, McAuley, J Evans, C McLaughlin, Smith, Lewis, Cathcart, McNair, Flanagan

Davis, Ferguson, McGinn, C Evans, Dallas, Saville, Jones, Whyte, Thompson

Lafferty, Magennis, Boyce,  Grigg, Ward, Smyth, Vassell

I think Norwood is suspended for the Austria game so Michael probably didn't think there was any point bringing him for a friendly. I'd imagine his midfield against ROI will be the one that starts against Austria too.

3 minutes ago, norniron93 said:

I think Norwood is suspended for the Austria game so Michael probably didn't think there was any point bringing him for a friendly. I'd imagine his midfield against ROI will be the one that starts against Austria too.

Ah, quite right you are (confirmed in weird document here - https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/DisciplinaryChart/uefaorg/UEFACompDisCases/02/58/01/33/2580133_DOWNLOAD.pdf)

Washington missing again is a disappointing/worrying one.