OUR WEE COUNTRY
hughes18

Republic of Ireland (A) - Nov 15

24 minutes ago, P.McCarroll said:

Washington missing again is a disappointing/worrying one.

According to Michael, its through lack of game time, but if one or two forwards pull out he will be called up.

9 minutes ago, RaveDave said:

According to Michael, its through lack of game time, but if one or two forwards pull out he will be called up.

I'd rather a Washington lacking fitness over a fully fit Magennis or Vassell

Grigg has been injured since Bosnia game, don't think he has featured for Wigan since?

11 minutes ago, norniron93 said:

+1 100%

Just now, Tarabonga said:

+1 100%

bit harsh on Josh but agree on Vassell

Interesting that the real O'Neill is resting Norwood for the Mexico game as he's suspended for the nation's league game, but agent O'Neill is playing thon wee sh!the McLean in similar circumstances...

2 minutes ago, chopper1 said:

bit harsh on Josh but agree on Vassell

Aye, that would be harsh on Josh. He should be in our squad on merit. 

Wouldn't have him starting if at all possible though.

1 hour ago, norniron93 said:

Its alright in saying that, but if you've watched some of our players in the last two games who aren't playing for their clubs you can see the sharpness just isn't there. There are quite a few who seem to have taken a dislike to Vassell and he is being judged on a whole 32 minutes of action in his two sub appearances.

Today Michael has named 5 strikers in his squad, Lafferty has played 19 minutes from the last international break, Magennis 209 minutes; Paul Smyth 0 minutes; Liam Boyce 460 minutes; Kyle Vassell 268 minutes; so two out of the five strikers have barely kicked a ball in the last month, it doesn't make much sense to replace one of those who have been playing with Conor Washington has had 16 minutes of action in this last month. If all of them were playing regularly then based on what Washington has done in the past he would IMO be in easily ahead of both of them but that is not the situation at the moment. Having said all that i believe that If Grigg had've been fit i doubt Vassell would have been in the squad.

30 minutes ago, RaveDave said:

Its alright in saying that, but if you've watched some of our players in the last two games who aren't playing for their clubs you can see the sharpness just isn't there. There are quite a few who seem to have taken a dislike to Vassell and he is being judged on a whole 32 minutes of action in his two sub appearances.

Re. Vassell, from what little I've seen, he's just a like-for-like back-up for Magennis i.e. a squad member. Not comparable with Grigg/Laff/Boyce etc. 

30 minutes ago, RaveDave said:

Today Michael has named 5 strikers in his squad, Lafferty has played 19 minutes from the last international break, Magennis 209 minutes; Paul Smyth 0 minutes; Liam Boyce 460 minutes; Kyle Vassell 268 minutes; so two out of the five strikers have barely kicked a ball in the last month, it doesn't make much sense to replace one of those who have been playing with Conor Washington has had 16 minutes of action in this last month. If all of them were playing regularly then based on what Washington has done in the past he would IMO be in easily ahead of both of them but that is not the situation at the moment. Having said all that i believe that If Grigg had've been fit i doubt Vassell would have been in the squad.

Spot on.

More stats (League games so far this term)

KRC6RW6.png

Note: Washington has played in 11 ECL games so far, albeit only 2 starts

On 11/7/2018 at 2:22 PM, ripley said:

With the annual 'poor oppressed McClean' situation - I can't see our support coming out of this fixture untarnished.

No idea why the IFA thought this would be a good idea.

There’s nothing he’ll want more than to get abuse for 90 minutes. I’m sure we’ll oblige him though.

Be great if our fans just ignored him - can’t see it happening though.

59 minutes ago, Floreat Ultonia said:

More stats (League games so far this term)

KRC6RW6.png

Note: Washington has played in 11 ECL games so far, albeit only 2 starts

244 minutes of playing time, so not even 3 full matches